Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has the stock grips and I'd like to add heated elements like I've used on three prior bikes (non-Harleys). Is it possible to pull the outer rubber part off of the inner harder plastic part?

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
Don't know, but if you can, will you get it back on?

What about the poly heaters that go in the bars? They have worked for me.

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Yup. PM Sewerrat for his grip heaters. Work great - way cheaper than harley! Joe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ones I use and like on other brands of bikes are from Aerostich. They're $29 and look like thin flexible adhesive backed printed circuit boards. You remove the grips, wrap these things around the bars, and slide your original grips back over them. They're thinner than a business card. The heat they produce is better than the stock ones on my BMW

They come with a cheesy hi/lo toggle swith and an inline resistor you mount in a hidden location. I don't use the switch and instead use a smaller lit rocker type that looks and fits in more places.

IMHO they are a great product and cheap to boot.

So if I can get my stock grips off carefully they style of the grip will pass through a lot of heat.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My bike has the stock grips and I'd like to add heated elements like I've used on three prior bikes (non-Harleys). Is it possible to pull the outer rubber part off of the inner harder plastic part?
I have heard alot of good reviews on the Heat Demons, but as I have an F' they are special order because of the 1.5" bars. I'm in Australia ans I'm finding it hard to order. They have a very smart looking adjustable switch on either left or right and you can get either black or chrome which looks oem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts