Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
syclone
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well , I recieved my replacement bracket for my '08 DX today from Chris.
This replaces the long , ugly bracket that remains on the bike when one goes to an after market slip-on like the Tab slask cuts.
Quality.....Excellent , Fit...perfect , Powder coat...Excellent !!!
Tools needed.... 6mm ball allen, 1 1/8 socket, 1/2 deepwell socket.
Remove the 4 fasteners with the 6mm ball allen. remove stock bracket from bike.
Put the 1 1/8" socket over the captured nut on the back of the bushing in stock bracket...position the 1/2" socket on the other side of the bushing against the metal sleve and with a small bench vise, push the bushing out the back side into the 1 1/8" socket.
protect the new bracket outer face with a small cloth and simply push the bushing into it from the back side with the vise.
Now position the new braket into place from the top over the third volume and start the center fastener which holds the exhaust to the bracket first..leave it loose...start the other three and then tighten them all...a little blue locktite is a good idea.
If the whole job takes you more than 15 minutes ......ahhh...you're drinking beer too!!!
Many thanks to "dirty chris" and his Father in-law for a quality product that looks like the MOCO put it there.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
:worthless :D :D

We need to see this thing!

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Mine still on the bench.....

I stripped the one bolt out and getting an easy out bit to pull that sucker out. I agree, the bracket from Chris is top notch and can't wait to get rid of the hanging bar.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
Nice piece, I just ordered mine. Now I just need to get the Tabs and wait for the PCIII to come out.:banghead:

·
Registered
58 Posts
New Bracket is Defintely Cool

I received my bracket on Saturday and feel really frustrated at not being able to install it right away. Still waiting for Todd to finish the 08 fuel management unit. The finish is great and matches the stock paint. I feel like a kid with a brand new BB gun and no BB's.

Thanks Chris.

Rick

·
Gigs07DX
469 Posts
Exhaust Bracket

Just got mine yesterday, it is truely a great piece of work. Not to mention for the price. It is a must have part even if you don't have a use for it at the moment, you probably will at some point. Better get one before they are no longer avaliable.

Thanks Chris:them:

·
Back in Black
212 Posts
trbo2nr said:
The bracket from Chris is top notch and can't wait to get rid of the hanging bar.
:them:

Just got mine in Aus. TAB pipes arrived yesterday.

Well manufactured part (looks better than some of the genuine HD stuff).

Great service from Chris. If you've got an aftermarket exhaust and want
to get rid of the long support bar this is the bracket you need.

Drew

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Dirty Chris said:
Thanks guys.
Great stuff Chris! I finally got mine mounted. I went to a local store to find a
replacement bolt. The dealer mentioned they didn't have any in stock. I'm good to go now.

·
Registered
322 Posts
trbo2nr said:
Great stuff Chris! I finally got mine mounted. I went to a local store to find a
replacement bolt. The dealer mentioned they didn't have any in stock. I'm good to go now.
Right on. FYI, I found some black allen bolts (same size) at the local ACE.

Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i need help!!

i've been going crazy looking for these tab slash cut bad ass sounding slip-ons. Where can i find them? any help will be greatly appreciatd. thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts