Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Subluxation Free
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the water crisis here in Georgia we have a total outdoor watering ban here in the north half of Georgia. The water police are out to catch anyone with a wet lawn or driveway if you water your lawn or clean your car or bike. My bike is getting dirty, but I continue to just ride even if my chrome doesn't shine. Since I have a sense of civic duty, I'll just let her get dirty.
News says unless we get a lot of rain we have about 90 days before our main lake run dry. Guess I'll have to ride to Florida if that happens. Oh wait, I can't ride down there, it's raining in Florida! What's a rider to do?
 

·
drag racer
Joined
·
6,699 Posts
wash it at your neighbors house at midnight while there asleep. it worked for me
 

·
"A" model citizen
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
waterless cleaner, it is all i use
 

·
THAWING In Montana
Joined
·
344 Posts
wheel it around to the back yard, and wash up!
 

·
Chief
Joined
·
1,272 Posts
Huh????

Nate552 said:
If there is not a lot of grime on it use S100, which doesn't require water.

HUH???? Unless there is a different S100 that i don't know about, you definitely need water to rinse off S100.

If you are worried about the chrome, you can use Windex and allot of it with a clean rag to remove the dust.
 

·
Dark Side
Joined
·
560 Posts
Bgjames111 said:
wheel it around to the back yard, and wash up!

:them: Well what do I know mine hasn't seen water yet. Just lots of Meg spray detailer and pig spit.:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,061 Posts
I hate to ever put water on any bike....asking for rust sooner or later....water maybe once a yr only if really needed...i like to just keep her clean always,by waxing and buffing with microfiber.

dan
 

·
The City of Angels
Joined
·
644 Posts
If it isn't muddy, glass cleaner on the chrome and tins and the chrome polish and wax may just do the job
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,332 Posts
Ok don't laugh at this but California is water conscious too. Buy one of those two gallon hand pump insecticide sprayers at Home Depot and fill it with water. That is you water source, you can be very conservative with your water use with one of these. Use some aerosol Scrubbing Bubbles on the wheels and any especially grimy places when the bike is cold, then squirt the bike clean with the water. Only use Scrubbing Bubbles and water on the really grimy parts. For the rest I use Lemon Pledge and a soft cloth ! Don't laugh I have been detailing bikes this way for two decades.
 

·
"A" model citizen
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Philthy said:
Ok don't laugh at this but California is water conscious too. Buy one of those two gallon hand pump insecticide sprayers at Home Depot and fill it with water. That is you water source, you can be very conservative with your water use with one of these. Use some aerosol Scrubbing Bubbles on the wheels and any especially grimy places when the bike is cold, then squirt the bike clean with the water. Only use Scrubbing Bubbles and water on the really grimy parts. For the rest I use Lemon Pledge and a soft cloth ! Don't laugh I have been detailing bikes this way for two decades.
:spit: :rofl: :spit: :rofl: :spit: :rofl: :spit: :rofl: :spit: :rofl:
YOU DARED ME TOO lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,721 Posts
Or spend 5 dollars and take it to the car wash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Nate552 said:
If there is not a lot of grime on it use S100, which doesn't require water.
Wha??? If you are talking about S100 total cycle cleaner, do yourself a favor and read the bottle. If it's a different product, do please tel.
 

·
Nate
Joined
·
3,277 Posts
river rat said:
Wha??? If you are talking about S100 total cycle cleaner, do yourself a favor and read the bottle. If it's a different product, do please tel.
Don't have the can in front of me, but I did read it and it does say something like, for when you don't need to completely wash your bike, just clean it up a little use this. Spray it on, wait a few secs, then wipe it off. It just says not to use on really grimy stuff as it may scratch. I think its the S100 detail spray.
 

·
I'm Bored
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
Nate552 said:
Don't have the can in front of me, but I did read it and it does say something like, for when you don't need to completely wash your bike, just clean it up a little use this. Spray it on, wait a few secs, then wipe it off. It just says not to use on really grimy stuff as it may scratch. I think its the S100 detail spray.
Maybe the detail spray but definitely not the cleaner. I assume the detail spray is just like any typical "quick wax" but the cleaner needs to be used with A LOT of water. I guess you could say its not "Georgia friendly".
 

·
Blowin' Smoke
Joined
·
2,647 Posts
Harley Cleaner & Gloss is specially formulated to avoid building up in the pores of aluminum and anodized aluminum. It's a great cleaner for everything on the bike and only needs a microfiber cloth for a great shine. It's all my scoot ever sees.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top