Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did an install for one of my friends. I did the headlight mod (ballseye) and its too bright for him. Is there anyway to dim just a single led strip, maybe hard wire in a resistor or something like that to the positive lead going into that specific strip? Any info would be appreciated.

Lou

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thats exactly what you do. Just play around with different resistors to get the desired brightness.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
:them: really is the only option since it's actually a diode. Less power=less bright

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm no electrician but I'd put an ohm meter across the LED strand or whatever you have and go from there after seeing what kind of resistance the circuit has. Then go off percentages and such. That would make sense to me but then again may actually not help you whatsoever LOL

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
if you have an adjustable bench power supply, you can connect the LEDs to that and adjust the output of the power supply until you get the dimness you're seeking. RadioShack has some nice universal power supplies/adapters that would allow you to adjust in 3v increments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts