Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my bike but being military I'm about to head somewhere where I won't be able to ride it for the next 15 months. I owe about $6K on my 2004 lava red VRSCA and was thinking of selling it, saving the money over the next 15 months, and buying a new VRSCF (2013) when I'm done with my tour. A buddy said to just keep it, pay it off and customize it. I just like the thought of being the only owner of a VRod muscle and watching that odometer go from 0-100,000. What are you peoples' thoughts?

·
Captain DeadPool
653 Posts
Keep it. Save money. Buy a new one when you get back. That way you can ride it while your on R&R. I have 41 months in Iraq. I know the routine very well.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
252 Posts
I say keep it. I was in the same situation awhile back. I kept my bike. When you are done with your tour it will be time for 2014 models. You can order your F direct through military sales and you can get all the upgrades and still cost less than dealer price. If you kept your ride, you have something to ride while your ride is being built to your specification. Then you can sell your old ride when new one is delivered. At the end you'll have new ride + some Benjamin's to donate to Harley for some more bling bling. ?

·
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I say keep it. I was in the same situation awhile back. I kept my bike. When you are done with your tour it will be time for 2014 models. You can order your F direct through military sales and you can get all the upgrades and still cost less than dealer price. If you kept your ride, you have something to ride while your ride is being built to your specification. Then you can sell your old ride when new one is delivered. At the end you'll have new ride + some Benjamin's to donate to Harley for some more bling bling. ��

You guys are making sense. After considering this I started wondering if I would be able to get more if I sold it in Europe after my tour. Any idea how to find this out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts