Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. For those of you who are getting the new DGD-KIM module, You will notice that they are shipped with some extra stuff in them. 1/4 Spade connectors and a fat piece of heat shrink.

This is how you can use them to connect the ignition wires to your bike, if you choose.

You'll need to get some black rtv sealant from the Autoparts store, may as well pick up a seat grommet at the same time! Link Here.

The "new" procedure is pretty easy. Just use the spade connectors at the end of the DGD wiring harness's red wires. One Solid red, one red with black stripe, one red with grey stripe.

Put the wires through the big piece of heat shrink tubing. Then plug the terminals into the appropriate slots on the ignition "plug."

Using the RTV, fill up the heat shrink. The RTV will harden and keep the terminals from pulling out under vibration.

Then heat the shrink tube. I use a heat gun, but borrow your family hair dryer and put it on HIGH, and it can get the job done too.

2. The RFID Dawg Tags are being shipped with the motion sensors turned off. The booklet that is included will give instructions on how to test and activate the motion sensors. If you have any questions, post up.

RJ

Attachments

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The DGD-KIM modules are starting to be received, according to the PM's I'm getting. So, if you have any questions, then please call. (4 1 9)5 0 9-6 6 8 7

RJ

·
LIVE FULL THROTTLE
1,385 Posts
Roland Thank You again..you went over and above at the RaLLY DOING many installs long into the night and early morning....You have done so much for this Forum...many have no idea...This method looks more water proof than mine...Thanks again...Bill

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HOG DR said:
Roland Thank You again..you went over and above at the RaLLY DOING many installs long into the night and early morning....You have done so much for this Forum...many have no idea...This method looks more water proof than mine...Thanks again...Bill
You're welcome Bill. I'm glad to be able to help. As always, it was good to see you and Sharon. You are good people for sure. We'll definately take you up on your hospitality next riding season!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts