Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say, that working as a part time detailer has been an experience. I get to ride all sorts of bikes and feel really lucky to have my Night Rod because of it because no other bike, out of the hundreds I've already ridden in the past few weeks, compare to it.
Only a few V-rods have come through and I actually got to ride a DX that came in on trade. I still cant do it.
The drags and forward controls make me feel really strange and my short legs and t-rex arms dont do the job to ride that thing.
Mostly, though, I have just grown to detest any bagger bike. Simply because they are a pain in the arse to wax and they leave bruises on the back of your calves when you try to back them up without putting the passenger floorboards up.
I guess there are a lot of irregular bikes that come through there. I can always tell when a bike has been crashed or if the forks are messed up because they are a pain to steer. Beach bars are also a pain. Especially the really radical ones that hit your knee if you try to turn them. That makes moving bikes interesting....
Anyway, just one quick pointer. I know a lot of us on here hate the dealerships and the service that we feel that we are owed sometimes. Let me tell you though, we ALL hear about it. So be nice and pay like eveyone else without bitchin'. If something is clearly not your fault then by all means, complain. But dont bitch about not getting to see the dyno run the tech did on your bike to see how everything was working without paying for it. We are all pretty close in the shops and the dealerships. I know I'm havent been there all that long but I'm just offering up some friendly advice. Oh, keep your bike clean too. Washing if from time to time makes it a lot easier for us to make it look brand new and beautiful.

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
Get back to work and quit bullshitin'. Bikes are backin' up as I type...:angeldev:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
metallica0099 said:
Anyway, just one quick pointer. I know a lot of us on here hate the dealerships and the service that we feel that we are owed sometimes. Let me tell you though, we ALL hear about it. If you are a dick to the service guys, you can bet you bottom dollar that you are going to get a sub-par wash and we dont care, either. If you are a repeat dick, your bike is going to be delayed for as long as we can and God forbid if you think your bike is gonna be done before close on Sunday if you drop it off that morning, even if its just an oil change. So be nice and pay like eveyone else without bitchin'. If something is clearly not your fault then by all means, complain. But dont bitch about not getting to see the dyno run the tech did on your bike to see how everything was working without paying for it. We are all pretty close in the shops and the dealerships. I know I'm havent been there all that long but I'm just offering up some friendly advice.
great attitude :hmm: :hmm:

remind us all again which dealership this is...some sensitive techs :barf:

take your own advice and stop yer bitching! :angeldev:

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
V-Kit said:

Just tellin it like it is. You can be optimistic or realistic, your choice.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Yeah, I wash mine and try to keep it looking nice all the time. Same goes for my other vehicles.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
V-Kit said:

take your own advice and stop yer bitching! :angeldev:
I wasnt bitching. I was actually just startin a subject and then threw in a little extra on why certain things are the way they are.

You're one of those repeat dicks, arent you?

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Hey, arn't there some:cook you need to be tending to?? Maybe sort out some oil filters or restock the Chrome in isle 3.:hidesbeh: :D

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
Nice to see professionalism is alive and well and that you take pride in your work.

No wonder some people hate the dealerships.

·
I know,I know..apes?
506 Posts
Metallica, I can see your point. It's like the guy at the burger joint. If you complain that the food isn't good, they will spit in it.
I do, however, feel that it is not very professional to do sub-par work just because someone is a "dick." I am a teacher and if I acted the same way I would be fired. I run across numerous irrational people all the time. So should I teach their child half-assedly (not sure that's a word)?
I think (or hope) that when people are complaining about a certain dealer, it is either not their fault or they have received poor service. People do pay a pretty penny for service, parts, etc... so maybe they are just a little entitled to something. After all, it is a consumer driven business. I think it is just like any other business. You have your good guys and your dicks on either side of the dollar.
I appreciate the friendly advice, and realize you are not trying to start anything. I just like playing the devil's advocate.

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
metallica0099 said:
I wasnt bitching. I was actually just startin a subject and then threw in a little extra on why certain things are the way they are.

Judging by the smiley he posted with his comments, I think he was just trying to get a rise out of you. Don't take it personal.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
The service manager at my stealership is a Hoot. We hit it off from day-one. He's a V-Rod friendly guy even though he rides a bagger. He tells me all the time how HD should water cool ALL their bikes. He appreciates the power and beauty of the "V", but does'nt see himself owning one unless they come out with a V-Rod bagger which the Forum has been saying for years now. He rushes my bike right thru for oil changes, as he knows I wait on it. He is alittle frustrated with me as I refuse to run SYN3. Just give me the Black bottle" I tell him. I get a song and dance, but the customers always right. I'm also furtunate to have a great V-Rod tech there too. I never have a problem with the "V" ever being screwed up or work not done like it should be. My "V" is always cleaned and detailed no questions asked. Before the gas prices went thru the roof, they use to top off the tank too.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
metallica0099 said:
I'm just offering up some friendly advice. Oh, keep your bike clean too. Washing if from time to time makes it a lot easier for us to make it look brand new and beautiful.

....thanks anyway, but my bike is dirty with no hopes of getting clean anytime soon...:D

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Johnny HotFoot said:
....thanks anyway, but my bike is dirty with no hopes of getting clean anytime soon...:D
I bet you know of a sure fire way to clean it easy. :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
metallica0099 said:
I wasnt bitching.
reread your post...sure sounds like bitching about customers to me

metallica0099 said:

i'm actually one of the easiest to get along with for the service guys...i BS with them and they take good care of me. I had a couple issues after the 20k miles valve lash check so called them and they came and picked up the bike and fixed it all up in a timely manner.

however, if i had been bitchy (which i had every right to) and then received sub par service because of it you better believe the techs (and/or detailers) manager would have heard about it...just because you do not like a customer gives no reason for shotty work. I deal with customers everyday dealing with $2+ million orders and many i can't stand, however, i still give them my best effort every time and do it politely.

carry on in your ways, but that attitude won't help you get any farther...
my very good friend is the manager/owner of Myers-Duren HD in tulsa so i have a pretty good perspective on this. your attitude (and your coworkers too it sounds) is sad... :(

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
all i know is i am nice to my service ppl..

and i dropped my bike off at the last minute before MWT in HOPES of getting it back before i had to leave friday .. this was a tuesday..at 9 am

they said friday morning at the earliest.. but what i did do is explain my situation..dropped my bike off with hopes for the best.. was really nice.. asked if it could be any sooner.. and if they could please try.. i didnt even care if it got washed.. i just needed my bike as soon as possible.. and dontcha know.. tuesay at about 1 pm .. my bike was DONE..

more flies with honey.. that is all i can say ..

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just dont see how some people are complete dicks to perfect strangers and then have the nerve to demand perfection. Sorry, thats not the way the world works. You know it as well as I do but it is easier for some to pretend to be better than that when any one of us is not that likely to take $hit. So go ahead and pretend that you dont treat people like crap who do the same to you. Just keep showing me the folley of my ways.

For the record, I started this thread for my amusement and knew it would piss some of you off. I'm sick like that.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
metallica0099 said:
I just dont see how some people are complete dicks to perfect strangers and then have the nerve to demand perfection. Sorry, thats not the way the world works. You know it as well as I do but it is easier for some to pretend to be better than that when any one of us is not that likely to take $hit. So go ahead and pretend that you dont treat people like crap who do the same to you. Just keep showing me the folley of my ways.

For the record, I started this thread for my amusement and knew it would piss some of you off. I'm sick like that.
if you're talking to me then you need to work on your reading comprehension...never said i was a dick for no reason nor do i demand perfection. FYI, i don't treat rude customers like crap, it would cost me my job...clearly not a problem where you work. :angeldev:

i do, as any customer would/should, expect that my bike will be given the same care as anyone elses since i'm paying the same rate.

carry on, i'm done!

BTW, why won't you answer the question on which dealership you work for?

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Shoot.... score:D metallica0099 you a bad man.:rofl2:

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I never called anyone out before they did it to me. I did not start this thread to single anyone out. Matter of fact, I simply started by talking about what its like to get to ride all sorts of bikes throughout the day. Then I just decided to throw in the "dont be a dick" speech for the fun of it to get a good argument goin' and to just put it out there in case anyone ever wondered. And you're right, where I work you are allowed to stand up for yourself if someone crosses that line and not get fired. I dont deal with people face to face for a reason: I cant do it. Thats why I like doing jobs that dont put me with the public. I will be the first to admit I have very little people skills (clearly) and have no business in customer service. Like I said, I just put it out there. Its like that old saying: "Dont F*ck with people who handle your_________! Insert your own phrase.

And why would I say where I worked?? What, so you could rat me out??? Ha, I'm not that stupid. I'm just a little $hit with an attitude. You could really find out if you wanted I guess, there is only 1 dealership in Albuquerque, NM. There, no more hints.

But like I said, $hit basically rolls down hill. And if the service writer is mad then the tech's get mad. And if the tech's get mad then the detailers get mad. And if the detailers get mad you will find more waterspots and less bugs removed than usual. Its no like we kick em' over or anything.

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
Let us know what dealership you work at. It's one I will avoid. You treat paying customers like "sh?t". They may be dickheads but they are paying your salary. If you worked for me and I found out about your pissant attitude you would be gone in a heartbeat.

There are all sorts of customers. Business can't thrive without them. Find a shrink and deal with your attitude.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts