Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comparing MSRP, a 2008 VRSCAW is $3500 less than the 2007 VRSCX was. And, you can get ABS if you want (although Honda and BMW both had problems with their systems when first introduced that took a couple of seasons to iron out).

I've got no intention to sell or trade my VRSCX, but that's a big premium we paid for paint and a small amount of exclusivity. :)

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I don't think they will have problems w/ the ABS. They have been running that same system on the Police bikes now for many years. Your X is actually produced in a low numver (1400)...you should be happy!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
"but that's a big premium we paid for paint and a small amount of exclusivity"

Yes it is. And it is good for me. I like to have something special. And i like to have something witch is exclusive and expensive. But the CX ist a way cheap if you look at the CVO Rods. Too cheap?

As i know is the new ABS different then the police ABS. The new one is from Brembo (that is what i've read) and is availible for many other bikes from Kawasaki or Moto Guzzi. So it should work.

I would like to have an ABS an my Rod, but i like the look of the CX much more then any other 08 V-Rod.

Teppo

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Did we overpay compared to 2008 models?

Yep! All you 07' owners took one for the team. I mean someone had to pay that Pontiac advertising guy's new salary.

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
So what, you have rode your bike and got a year of enjoyment, stare at the future and only glance at the past

·
electric soup
747 Posts
EricEdelman said:
Comparing MSRP, a 2008 VRSCAW is $3500 less than the 2007 VRSCX was. And, you can get ABS if you want (although Honda and BMW both had problems with their systems when first introduced that took a couple of seasons to iron out).

I've got no intention to sell or trade my VRSCX, but that's a big premium we paid for paint and a small amount of exclusivity. :)

don't worry, we got the 240, the spoked front wheel, the 1250cc engine earlier than everyone else! ABS, take it or leave it, and the slipper clutch will retro-fit so i reckon the X is still pretty much up to date, and we got a decent paint job (I am with luxlamf in thinking the anniversary paint sucks!).

Oh yeh and we got a little screen too.......lol

·
VRSCX #395
206 Posts
if the x came out in 08 for $3500 more i would still buy it, when i ordered the x last year (australia) when they came online the dealers didnt have prices yet for the 07 models, i was expecting to pay $8000 more,i got a bargain!

·
Registered
263 Posts
No we did not pay to much, the special features, the paint and limited number as well as the ability to use all previous mods is a plus... ABS on a bike is a different animal than on a car and I have always prefered my bikes without it...

ABS is designed to assist the average rider in a panic situation and on a bike in a straight line it won't help you if you turn to quickly or hit gravel and such, only good in the rain in a straight line... If you know how to modulate your brakes and are a skilled rider you don't need ABS...

If the X had been offered this year I would by it in a second for the same amount without a second thought and without ABS...

·
Premium Member
11,329 Posts
And this time next year someone that buys a '08 will query "Did we pay to much?". Happens every year. New options, this years options incorporated as standard options on the new year is all part of the capitalistic society. "Bigger is better".

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
EricEdelman said:

I paid 24k OTD for my '02 when I bought it new. Quit ur whinin'! :angeldev:

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Cheatin said:
I paid 24k OTD for my '02 when I bought it new. Quit ur whinin'! :angeldev:
Dang, Anthony, I hope they gave you a little kiss. No wonder you have such a great sense of humor!:angeldev:

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
CPTJAM said:
Dang, Anthony, I hope they gave you a little kiss. No wonder you have such a great sense of humor!:angeldev:
Or at least a free shot at the slurrpie machine... Yea been LMOA in the "other" thread...... YSF LOL

·
Registered
512 Posts
It is the same with every thing you buy.. Especially cars , bike ,computers and phones..

The next model is always better, sometimes cheaper, more features etc..

Just be happy that when you got yours it was top of the line and just what you wanted.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
You X owners have a great unique bike...ride it and enjoy it

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
There is an X on the showroom floor at Man O'War HD in Lexington, you can always tell when I have been there, there is drool all over it! LOL

I love my D and wouldn't trade it for anything, but I tell you what, if I had the $$ I would buy that bike in a flash and have two rods sitting in my garage.

·
151 Posts
Just learned of the new models. Same happens every year. Trouble is I wouldn't have anything if I continually waited to see what the next 'must have' came round the corner.
At least its not as bad as the camera / computer industry. It seems like weeks and new stuff keeps coming out and making my gear obsolete.

·
Premium Member
11,329 Posts
Shadow11 said:
There is an X on the showroom floor at Man O'War HD in Lexington, you can always tell when I have been there, there is drool all over it! LOL

I love my D and wouldn't trade it for anything, but I tell you what, if I had the $$ I would buy that bike in a flash and have two rods sitting in my garage.
I did, I did and I have

·
Registered
66 Posts
yea we probaly did pay to much but hey, we would just spend that money on something else anyway. and nobody would give up the X for any 08 model,or any other model, That's Why We Bought The X

1 - 20 of 22 Posts