Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Member #415
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Lilly, I saw your ride yesterday @ Geneva H-D.
It was 1 of 6 Bikes they were letting out for demo rides!!
So,:wazzup:

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
She's a traitor! :D

Hey, Mike, now that I think about it, you could avoid the designation being placed upon me by buying it back and giving it to me as a gift. I'd love to have her back:broke: :sad:

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
groovy V-Rod said:
Hey Lilly, I saw your ride yesterday @ Geneva H-D.
It was 1 of 6 Bikes they were letting out for demo rides!!
So,:wazzup:

Is she ok? Are they taking good care of her? Did anyone hurt her?

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Diamond Lil said:
Hey, Mike, now that I think about it, you could avoid the designation being placed upon me by buying it back and giving it to me as a gift. I'd love to have her back:broke: :sad:

While I would love to do that for you my wife would think something was going on between us if I bought you a bike and if I'm gonna get in trouble for something then I better be worth it. :deal:

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
While I would love to do that for you my wife would think something was going on between us if I bought you a bike and if I'm gonna get in trouble for something then I better be worth it. :deal:

...and I'll bet you are easy, but not cheap!

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
lakedrunk said:
ohhh, I thought she was already gettin rid of the new bike
:eek:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Awrighty ma'm, you've rolled some miles up by now, and I'm dying to know how you're loving the RK. It's a piece of art, but are you ever tempted to bury the tach at 5.5K? Is it nimble enough for you? Any mods yet? Beautiful machine as she sits, IMHO, just wondering about the ride on the dark side

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
Diamond Lil said:

I highly doubt it, they are letting people take it for demo's. This means people are gonna take it out and beat on it and probably someone is gonna let it get away from them and lay it down. :chair:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Diamond Lil said:
You left Her in enemy hands, Now She is being treated like a Whore. Inexperienced and 1st time riders, seasoned riders that Hate Her beating on Her than after a long day of being ridden HARD by strangers thrown into a dark cold Corner, Alone fearing the night and what the Sunlight will bring. I hope the NEw Bagger was worth it.

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
12,942 Posts
luxlamf said:
You left Her in enemy hands, Now She is being treated like a Whore. Inexperienced and 1st time riders, seasoned riders that Hate Her beating on Her than after a long day of being ridden HARD by strangers thrown into a dark cold Corner, Alone fearing the night and what the Sunlight will bring. I hope the NEw Bagger was worth it.
Damn! Now you have me feeling bad for a bike! As if it were a child.. That is a horrible story of what's going on.

·
Member #415
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Diamond Lil said:

A Couple (as in Boy/Girl) were heading out on it when I spotted the "DiamondLiL" on the fender.
A small crowd was gathered round' and liked what the saw !
I should mention that it was stating to sprinkle :stilpoke: so it did get wet.:D

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Kelley said:
Damn! Now you have me feeling bad for a bike! As if it were a child.. That is a horrible story of what's going on.
Yeah well apparently when last spotted it was being Taken out as it started to rain by some young kids, Filling Her up with Cheap fuel than Riding Her HARD. Nice Job Fattening her up with Saddlebags and Glasses so She cannot even compete with the other street walkers that are Slender and sleek.
HOW CAN SHE:

POSSIBLE COMPETE WITH THEM:

I hope your enjoying Your NEW RIDE LIL.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
groovy V-Rod said:
...A small crowd was gathered round' and liked what the saw...
No doubt! Regardless of what some others might think, she is a beauty! The original Diamond Lil had a striking pair of hips just like her.:moon:

groovy V-Rod said:
...I should mention that it was stating to sprinkle :stilpoke: so it did get wet.:D
Diamond Lil said:
...Please know that I cried letting my VRSCA go, bags, windshield and all...
More reason for it to continue!:sad: Will anyone ever clean her up as I did? Unless one of you kind people saves her she may never be treated well again!

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
luxlamf said:
Yeah well apparently when last spotted it was being Taken out as it started to rain by some young kids, Filling Her up with Cheap fuel than Riding Her HARD. Nice Job Fattening her up with Saddlebags and Glasses so She cannot even compete with the other street walkers that are Slender and sleek.
HOW CAN SHE:

POSSIBLE COMPETE WITH THEM:

I hope your enjoying Your NEW RIDE LIL.
I am going to say that the One up front in the red shorts represents my bike.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
ViagROD said:
Awrighty ma'm, you've rolled some miles up by now, and I'm dying to know how you're loving the RK. It's a piece of art, but are you ever tempted to bury the tach at 5.5K? Is it nimble enough for you? Any mods yet? Beautiful machine as she sits, IMHO, just wondering about the ride on the dark side

She is a piece of art, isn't she:D

Here are some of my observations to date:

*The size takes some getting used to, but is certainly manageable. My friends tell me I look more comfortable and relaxed riding this machine. I did not know I looked uncomfortable and not relaxed on the V.:confused:

*The riding position suits me. My knees love it as does my bottom on the added Sundowner Solo seat. There is a sense of sitting in the motorcycle that I like.

*Please, all of you, appreciate your V-Rods power plant:notworth:
After the Revo engine, why would HD put up with such vibration in the RKC? That has got to be fixed:chair:

*I do not do much riding over 70 mph so the power is fine. It is easy to imagine cruising way up there at much higher speeds though, because it has snuck up to 75 on me and had I not checked it surely would have gone more. Entering onto a 55 mph road and making it up to full speed requires nothing more than a twist of the wrist. The response is smooth and consistent. Now that I think of it there has not been a time yet where the low end torque has been truly challenged, which to me means no time where I've been at highway speeds and needed or asked for more to overtake another vehicle or to get out of the way of something suddenly in my path.

*There are hills where I ride and the V-Rod's torque handled an increase in speed on the incline as if it were a kid saying, "Yeah, ok, what?" The RKC says, "Watch me take this on deliberately and confidently". Both do it, but no-way the same way.

*Now please, remember or refer to my thread entitled, "Wind and not Wobble", http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71083 before going out of control. I was riding on a two lane road, 55 speed limit, when three big rigs, one after the other, passed on the opposite side. The day was breezy with cross winds blowing through the road. On the V that would have meant a conscious management of the wind current situation, which was do-able without a doubt. Well folks, the RKC didn't even blink. A welcome change. :thumb:

Note: You asked if it is nimble enough for me? I used the word nimble to describe my VRSCA more times than I can count. I haven't found reason to use it for the King yet. This may just mean I need more time practicing Jerry "Motorman" Palladino's techniques. :ride: I'll have to let you know.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts