Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered rear rotor bolts from MAWonline and received the monstrosities shown below, 12 pt heads. Anybody know the correct Diamond Engineering p/n for the correct button head rear rotor bolts for the V-ROD.

Attachments

·
Frank
4,316 Posts
I am a dealer for Diamond Engineering. There is not a seperate part number for a Rear Rotor kit for the V-Rod.

The correct size is 3/8-16 by 1". Yes, the are not a metric size and are compatible with other Harley products. I'm pretty sure those you received will be the correct fit. I normally purchase them seperately, but that kit should be fine. I happen to run those 12 points myself. You can get Hex or Button heads in the same size, but they do not make a Torx style like the OEM.

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a dealer for Diamond Engineering. There is not a seperate part number for a Rear Rotor kit for the V-Rod.

The correct size is 3/8-16 by 1". Yes, the are not a metric size and are compatible with other Harley products. I'm pretty sure those you received will be the correct fit. I normally purchase them seperately, but that kit should be fine. I happen to run those 12 points myself. You can get Hex or Button heads in the same size, but they do not make a Torx style like the OEM.
Yes, I know these will fit but I do not like the bulky look of the 12 pt head. Can you give me a quote on the button heads (do not have to be torx as I use chrome hole plugs in them) that look similar to OEM. Also, do you know anything about the "groove style" caliper kits. Diamonds website states that I need kit DE5156GP for my front 2004 calipers; and should come with , pad pins,caliper bridge bolts and the mounting bolts. The V-ROD rear kit is not specifically listed but I will need this also. Thanks in advance.

·
Frank
4,316 Posts
Yes, I know these will fit but I do not like the bulky look of the 12 pt head. Can you give me a quote on the button heads (do not have to be torx as I use chrome hole plugs in them) that look similar to OEM. Also, do you know anything about the "groove style" caliper kits. Diamonds website states that I need kit DE5156GP for my front 2004 calipers; and should come with , pad pins,caliper bridge bolts and the mounting bolts. The V-ROD rear kit is not specifically listed but I will need this also. Thanks in advance.
PM me a list of every bolt/nut/washer you want replaced with SS and it what style (Button, Socket, Hex, 12-point) and I will go through the OEM parts manual to insure the correct fit and shoot you a qoutation back.

I have used their (Brembo style) front/rear caliper kits, and they did come with the pins. The rotor bolts are nice as well.

You mention chrome caps.... Why may I ask would you use those when you convert to polished SS? Chrome fasteners always rust, but these don't.

The DE5156GP is the Grooved style socket head version. They do mak the regular socket head as well DE5156SCP.

The Grooved versions have 2 grooves cut into the sides of head, all the way around. I have sold some complete sets of those for an Ultra and a custom Fat Boy. The last time I checked, they were not complete with their metric versions, so I would not use them on a V-Rod until I could replace them all to the grooved version. They just help set your bike apart.

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PM me a list of every bolt/nut/washer you want replaced with SS and it what style (Button, Socket, Hex, 12-point) and I will go through the OEM parts manual to insure the correct fit and shoot you a qoutation back.

I have used their (Brembo style) front/rear caliper kits, and they did come with the pins. The rotor bolts are nice as well.

You mention chrome caps.... Why may I ask would you use those when you convert to polished SS? Chrome fasteners always rust, but these don't.

The DE5156GP is the Grooved style socket head version. They do mak the regular socket head as well DE5156SCP.

The Grooved versions have 2 grooves cut into the sides of head, all the way around. I have sold some complete sets of those for an Ultra and a custom Fat Boy. The last time I checked, they were not complete with their metric versions, so I would not use them on a V-Rod until I could replace them all to the grooved version. They just help set your bike apart.
I like the smooth look they give, I have them in every visible socket head on the bike and yes they do eventually rust or tarnish, but unlike the bolts, the chrome hole caps can be changed out in seconds. These only fit in the hex hole as shown below, they do not cover the entire fastener and it would be nice to find them in stainless. I already have the front rotor bolts, thats what sold me on their products. My Gardener-Wescott chrome front rotor bolts look terrible after about 3 years. I will get you a list shortly.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts