Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just removed airbox cover and replaced it and now have a diagnostic lamp on for approx. 5 secs.

Checked IAT connector, seems fine! Lamp comes on after a few seconds and then goes out again, does not seem to come back on again though. Bike is an 03, coming up to 2500 mile service.

Any ideas ?

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
I am sure someone will give the exact term, but as long as it does not stay on, its not a current code. might be the history of disconnecting the IAT. If it doesnt retrigger it, it should go away after about 10 cycles, I think. There is also a way to clear it... in the manual.
Greg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Greg

I have only tried about 5 starts so maybe you are right. I have the service manual but there is very little on diagnostics, It mainly tells you how to change out complete components. Maybe I should have disconnected the maxi fuse first?

Stevie D

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
If the light goes out after a few seconds, it really is nothing to worry about. It may well be an "historic" code, and it will clear itself out after a number of engine start cycles. It is probably not worth trying to clear a purely "historic" code yourself.

If the light comes on, and stays on, you can get a readout of what the code is by using the procedure found here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.