Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Charlie
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got around to installing the Digital Guard Dawg keyless system on my bike earlier this week. Finished the job yesterday and everything is working perfectly!

Many thanks to RJ for organizing this group buy and promptly responding to all my questions.

Two things I especially like about this V-Rod version of the system:

1. All the wires are color-coded just like the stock wires so installation is almost goof-proof.
2. No stock wires have to be cut, so the installation is completely reversible (except for the hole in the airbox maybe).

Took a few pictures along the way.

:dance: :cheers: :dance:

Attachments

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Sweet. Glad you like it. Make sure you take a picture of you and your bike and send some comments to [email protected]

I'm on a mission to inundate their website with V-Rods!!!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
RJ does good work, the DGD keyless mod combo is one of the best things out for the bike.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I like that CVO seat latch. Do you have a part number for that?

·
Charlie
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seat latch is 46560-06, chrome button for the seat latch is 51636-06. I bought both at Chicago HD. Latch was $40 and button was $8 after 20% discount. I bought two of each because I am also doing Els' bike.

·
Charlie
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RJ:

Forgot to mention that if you install the CVO latch, there is no place for the accessory switch because you reuse all three bolt holes. I didn't want to drill any new holes so I decided to put my switch under the gas tank rubber flap -- well hidden there and still very accessible!

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
charlieh said:
RJ:

Forgot to mention that if you install the CVO latch, there is no place for the accessory switch because you reuse all three bolt holes. I didn't want to drill any new holes so I decided to put my switch under the gas tank rubber flap -- well hidden there and still very accessible!
Be sure to zip tie the wires on that switch to one of those fuel lines. You don't want it to fall against the motor.

Looks good.

RJ

·
Charlie
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rjrivero said:
Be sure to zip tie the wires on that switch to one of those fuel lines. You don't want it to fall against the motor.

Looks good.

RJ
RJ: Thanks, done!

If you decide to go for the CVO latch, maybe we can shame Max into getting one for his bike? :) :) :)

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
charlieh said:
Seat latch is 46560-06, chrome button for the seat latch is 51636-06. I bought both at Chicago HD. Latch was $40 and button was $8 after 20% discount. I bought two of each because I am also doing Els' bike.
Do you know if the latch and button will mate up with the old style chrome cover? I like the one that sitis comepletly inside the triangle.

·
Charlie
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rjrivero said:
Do you know if the latch and button will mate up with the old style chrome cover? I like the one that sitis comepletly inside the triangle.
No, unfortunately you need the larger chrome cover that wraps around the frame at the front of the triangle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts