Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I have routed out a ride that I would like to do this coming weekend on either Saturday or Sunday (9-8 or 9-9). Right now Sunday is looking more promising for the weather, but it is a ways out still .

It should be a fun ride hitting towns such as Meunster, Nacona, and Montague. We will parallel the Red River for a part of the ride which is really nice up there. We can also stop in Meunster at a great little German bakery with really great pastries.

I have it mapped here from Rob's new house in Frisco right now, but we could meet someplace else if need be.

I am thinking that it would be good to leave earlier in the day so you can be in Meunster early while the pastry selection is good and they are the freshest. I'm open for time suggestions and for the day we can see when the most people can make it.

Hope you can come! :biker:
 

Attachments

·
Living Free...
Joined
·
11,581 Posts
Sounds good to me, just hope the weather holds up.
 

·
____
Joined
·
1,519 Posts
I just remembered that I've got tickets to the Rangers game on Saturday night (by the way: Amy - wanna go to the game?) so I think Sunday would be better for me. Unless you think we'll get back by around 4:30/5 ish.

Either way I'm in! Looks like a great ride.
 

·
Safe and sound
Joined
·
4,589 Posts
I would suggest meeting in Tyler again for lunch, but we know you DFW peeps like to be home before the streetlights come on.:stilpoke: :hidesbeh:

JK. Y'all have a good ride and maybe sometime you van venture this way and we can meet in the middle with the Tyler and Longview folks.
 

·
Living Free...
Joined
·
11,581 Posts
rspencer1218 said:
I just remembered that I've got tickets to the Rangers game on Saturday night (by the way: Amy - wanna go to the game?) so I think Sunday would be better for me. Unless you think we'll get back by around 4:30/5 ish.

Either way I'm in! Looks like a great ride.

RANGER GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Even though they are losers, they games are fun to go to!!!! Yes babe, I'd love to go!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rspencer1218 said:
I just remembered that I've got tickets to the Rangers game on Saturday night (by the way: Amy - wanna go to the game?) so I think Sunday would be better for me. Unless you think we'll get back by around 4:30/5 ish.

Either way I'm in! Looks like a great ride.
Not a problem.. I am leaning towards Sunday anyhow based on the weather and doing something in the morning or mid morning.. So plans would be to be back before late afternoon as it is only a little more than 200 miles..

Will be a great ride though!
 

·
Dallas, TX
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
How about start the ride from one of the HD stores - perhaps they or their customers have never seen that many V-Rods in one place?

Corinth or Carrollton, maybe?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jim J said:
How about start the rider from one of the HD stores - perhaps they or their customers have never seen that many V-Rods in one place?

Corinth or Carrollton, maybe?
Oh, I figured if we started it from Rob's house, we could send all his neighbors a message that their new neighbors are part of a biker gang.. :D

We could start someplace else, not an issue there if we get enough other people that want to ride.. If it is just Rob, Amy, myself, and one or two others, we might as well start at Rob's house.. ;)
 

·
Living Free...
Joined
·
11,581 Posts
VRod RS said:
Oh, I figured if we started it from Rob's house, we could send all his neighbors a message that their new neighbors are part of a biker gang.. :D

We could start someplace else, not an issue there if we get enough other people that want to ride.. If it is just Rob, Amy, myself, and one or two others, we might as well start at Rob's house.. ;)

I think starting at the house makes a little more sense too, since we are heading north. A majority of the people who would be on the ride would go south from their origin, just to go back North again, once we leave the shop. Just my thoughts....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,107 Posts
If we start at Rob & Amy's how about Amy fixing all of us breakfast? :D

I like my eggs scrambled and my toast almost burnt with grape jelly.
 

·
Ducking for cover!
Joined
·
8,455 Posts
I've actually not heard Rob braggin on Ames' cookin yet! :hidesbeh:
 

·
Living Free...
Joined
·
11,581 Posts
DallasV Rod said:
If we start at Rob & Amy's how about Amy fixing all of us breakfast? :D

I like my eggs scrambled and my toast almost burnt with grape jelly.
If you guys would like, I would be more than happy to cook breakfast, but you'll have to be there early!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CUPCAKE said:
If you guys would like, I would be more than happy to cook breakfast, but you'll have to be there early!!!!

If we leave early enough.. We can get to Meunster in time for breakfast at the bakery.. They have some really good things to eat! Not to imply Amy wouldn't, but I would hate for her to have a mess in her house and then have to take off on a ride.. This should be fun, not work! :D
 

·
Keeper of The Kraken
Joined
·
277 Posts
So what's the deal... Saturday or Sunday? I've got a Cub Scouts meeting at my house on Sunday afternoon........

Lance
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
malcoll said:
So what's the deal... Saturday or Sunday? I've got a Cub Scouts meeting at my house on Sunday afternoon........

Lance
Well.. Sunday is looking better I know for Amy and there is actually a poker run on Saturday (Carrolton HD dealer) that I may do with Rob..

I think the concensus is Sunday right now. I hope you can make it though because if we leave in the morning, I figure we are looking at a 5 hour ride with stops which means you could get back depending on your meeting time.. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,107 Posts
I'm game to start real early if this will enable Malcoll (Lance) to go.

What time is the poker run? I've never done one of these and how long does it take and how many miles do you ride?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DallasV Rod said:
I'm game to start real early if this will enable Malcoll (Lance) to go.

What time is the poker run? I've never done one of these and how long does it take and how many miles do you ride?
Hey cool! We could make this a double header! :D

The poker run is on Saturday with registration at 10:00 and bikes leaving right after registration.. The dealership will cook you breakfast starting at 9 am. So ride in and grab a bite to eat before you register and head out on the open road.

Registration starts at 10 am. First bike out from the shop at 10:30 am, last bike out at noon. Last bike in at 5 pm at the Flying Pig Roadhouse in Lake Dallas. 50-50 drawing and door prizes-rain or shine.

CASH Prizes:
1st Place - $300
2nd Place - $200
3rd Place - $100

This ride is sponsored by North Texas Harley Owners Group
Pre-registration is $10 per person. On-site is $12 per person



They are pretty fun because they give you directions to each place you need to go and you ride there, pick up a card, and then proceed to your next spot they tell you about.

I think if we leave on Sunday at 7:30/8:00.. it puts us in Meunster around 9:00/9:30 or so depending on the pace we ride.. We should be done by early afternoon with a stop here and there to take in the scenery.
 

·
Living Free...
Joined
·
11,581 Posts
malcoll said:
So what's the deal... Saturday or Sunday? I've got a Cub Scouts meeting at my house on Sunday afternoon........

Lance

Lance! that would be AWESOME if you could make it :D Haven't seen you in a good long time :)
 

·
Living Free...
Joined
·
11,581 Posts
DallasV Rod said:
I'm game to start real early if this will enable Malcoll (Lance) to go.

What time is the poker run? I've never done one of these and how long does it take and how many miles do you ride?

Dallas- The poker runs last about 2-3 hours, I believe. That also depends on how long you fart around at each of the stops. I'm pretty sure that Rich and Rob will just be in a hurry to get bike on their bikes and ride, so they won't be lingering around too long at any one place!!

Hey Rich- I thought on Tuesday night, you mentioned that this Poker Run outta the Harley shop ended up in Lake Dallas....not Stephenville?!?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CUPCAKE said:
Dallas- The poker runs last about 2-3 hours, I believe. That also depends on how long you fart around at each of the stops. I'm pretty sure that Rich and Rob will just be in a hurry to get bike on their bikes and ride, so they won't be lingering around too long at any one place!!

Hey Rich- I thought on Tuesday night, you mentioned that this Poker Run outta the Harley shop ended up in Lake Dallas....not Stephenville?!?
Hold on.. I'll see if I can find the email on the Poker run again.. It definitely starts from the harley shop in Carrollton.

Okay.. I edited my post up there with the correct information.. I was reading off their site about this last Sunday's deal and it IS in Lake Dallas.. Sorry for the confusion :(
 
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Top