Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you DFW Riders that are not going to be able to make it to the Tyler ride today because of timing or distance. Not to discourage anyone that IS going on the Tyler ride, but to try and get the ones (including me) together that can't make it for one reason or another. What about doing something here closer and getting together for lunch or something today??

We could pick someplace that requires a little ride, but not the long ride and time required for the Tyler ride.

Roy even suggested sometime to come down his direction. I wouldn't be opposed to that idea even if he and his wife could make it today.

·
Dallas, TX
1,244 Posts
Hey Rich, great idea but I'm gonna miss this one too....after I decided not to do the Tyler ride I committed to a group of other folks for a trip today.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I'm headed to Sturgis Tuesday after work. I'm saving my rear tire.....

·
____
1,519 Posts
Daniii said:
I'm headed to Sturgis Tuesday after work. I'm saving my rear tire.....
You've got the tire warranty, just get it changed out before you go :hidesbeh:

Rich - I'm down, just have to talk to Amy and see what she got going on today.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
rspencer1218 said:
Rich - I'm down, just have to talk to Amy and see what she got going on today.
So, I guess you and Amy are out for the Tyler ride?

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great Rob!

Daniii, That is the oddest excuse I have heard LOL!.. If a few miles make a difference, you should get that thing changed before you go. You might want to pull over on the way to Sturgis and that extra breaking will wear out your tire.. :D (Just kidding)

Seriously though, new tire and just come out today..

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay.. Rob and I were talking about maybe going to the stock yards in Ft Worth and meeting some place there for lunch.. I found the H3 Ranch Grill online but have no idea if it is good or not. Other options that would be fun but not as much seat time are Bone Daddies (Grapevine), Cantina Laredo (Grapevine, know the manager there and its great), Dukes or Razoos on 183.

Anyone else interested in going?

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay.. its settled.. Rob, Amy, Jinjer (my wife), and myself are all committed to going to the Stockyards in Ft. Worth. We're going to go to the H3 Ranch Grill is the plan and we're leaving Coppell at 11:30 today (should be there by 12:30)..

Anyone else want to join in, please do! If not, ride careful in your other jouneys!

·
____
1,519 Posts
TexasV-Rod said:
So, I guess you and Amy are out for the Tyler ride?
You're correct. I wish we could make the trip out to Tyler but we would have to be back in Dallas by 5 to go out for Amy's dad's birthday.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
VRod RS said:
Okay.. its settled.. Rob, Amy, Jinjer (my wife), and myself are all committed to going to the Stockyards in Ft. Worth. We're going to go to the H3 Ranch Grill is the plan and we're leaving Coppell at 11:30 today (should be there by 12:30)..

Anyone else want to join in, please do! If not, ride careful in your other jouneys!
Hey, how do you get to the stockyards?

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
yeah... I think so... anyone else going from the downtown area? Wanna ride over?

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
brentley said:
yeah... I think so... anyone else going from the downtown area? Wanna ride over?
You're in Downtown Dallas area huh? You could take 183 over then and then hop on 26 from there.. Or..

Here are directions from H3 Ranch's site..

DIRECTIONS FROM DFW AIRPORT TO H3 Ranch

Take the south exit from Airport to 183 West (Fort Worth).
183 West will intersect Loop 820, continue west on Loop 820 to I-35 South.
Stay on I-35 South to the N.E. 28th Street exit going west (#54A, Fort Worth Stockyards).
Going West bound you will pass 5 stop lights. On N.E. 28th Street, turn left going South bound on N. Main Street.
At third light, turn left which is E. Exchange Avenue.
Hotel is on left corner of N. Main & Exchange Avenue.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was great to meet up with Rob, Amy, and Brent today.. Great fun and good food. Thanks for coming together on such short notice.

Aside from the rain on the way home (sorry everyone :() it was perfect!

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Thanks Rich. It was great meeting your family! My iPhone didn't survive the rain. :(

·
Dallas, TX
1,244 Posts
I did a ride with some friends today over to Stephenville....left at 930am, got there around noon for some of the BEST BBQ I've had in ages - at the "Hard Eight BBQ" right off Hwy 67 / Hwy 281. Man, you could whup up some serious hurt on yourself eating there. Plus they have a cool "bike corral" for motorcycle parking.

Then rode up FM4 to Jacksboro (what a ride!), then Hwy 199 down to Pooling, TX where we luckily sat out a sideways-rainstorm or two, for a couple hours at a Shell station. Then rode soggily home down 199 to Ft Worth to Loop 820E then back to Dallas. Almost 300 miles round trip.

DFW / central TX folks - this is a ride we oughta do one Sunday a.m.

www.hardeightbbq.com then click on the "Menu" link......the bbq'd pork chops are TWO INCHES thick.

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
I got the family to the water park right after the rain stopped. Several of our friends from church were there. They had the park locked up and had sent all the workers home. Oh well, off to Sonic for some shakes and back home again. Some real disappointed kids (and I didn't get to go riding either).

Sounds good Jim! I LOVE BBQ!

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
brentley said:
Thanks Rich. It was great meeting your family! My iPhone didn't survive the rain. :(
Oh NO! The iPhone got wet? Damn, We pulled over and put ours in plastic bags before we really got wet.

Rob was saying his survived previous rains, but I knew it was a gamble to let it get wet.. I really hope you can get it to dry out and work or they will replace it for free.

It was great to meet you and look forward to the next time, but I am really sorry about the rain and iPhone damage. :(

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Well, I pulled over and slipped it down in my boot. That was about the only place I could think of that wouldn't get totally soaked, but as I was riding along, the car next to me hit a pretty big puddle.

That happens to me in the car all the time, and I just put the wipers on high so I can see again... This was the first time for it to happen to me on the bike. I felt like I had jumped in the lake.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
update:

Apple rocks! I just walked in to the store here, and they pulled a new one off the shelf and swapped with me no questions asked.

I'm posting this from my new iPhone :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts