Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the local Harley dealer to buy the crimping tool for the small electrical connectors, he said about $125 and I said Huh! Anyone out there have a loaner or know something that will work, looking for the crimp tool which fastens the metal clip to the wiring. Thanks.

·
Gotta Blast!
3,389 Posts
I have always used the extra teeth that are in the throat of my needle nose pliers. With a little extra manipulation, you can achieve the same effect.

One hint - on the terminals, there is a part (2 tabs) that is designed to crimp to the insulation (for strain relief), then a part that crimps to the wires.

·
Registered
519 Posts
daleboy said:
Went to the local Harley dealer to buy the crimping tool for the small electrical connectors, he said about $125 and I said Huh! Anyone out there have a loaner or know something that will work, looking for the crimp tool which fastens the metal clip to the wiring. Thanks.
I have one for Molex connectors on the 2007's up...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crimping tool

Don't know all the electrical terminology, is that the name of the connectors
which are used on the ends of turn signals and such, those are the ones I need the tool for. Thanks.

·
Registered
519 Posts
daleboy said:
Don't know all the electrical terminology, is that the name of the connectors
which are used on the ends of turn signals and such, those are the ones I need the tool for. Thanks.
If you have a 2007 or later your bike has Molex connectors on it no Deutch.

·
Registered
519 Posts
RODent said:
If you have a 2007 or later your bike has Molex connectors on it no Deutch.
If I remember right turn signals are not on Deutch or Molex connectors... Turn signal controls are...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts