Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
I ahve a whole bag of those from Batt's. Every electrical devise added to my bike is with a Deutsch connector. All plug and play.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
now I have to get me some of these.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
<------Jealous

·
Autobanmod
9,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh yes! And did you get the High $$ crimpers to go along with that kit?

FYI, in the US, the best place to get a those connectors (small quantities) is Batts Racing. http://www.deutschconnector.com/
Of course it's still a crimp cramp job. No, I didn't buy these crazy expensive tools for it. A needle nose plier worked well, just as they state on that website from Batts Racing - nice link btw :)

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
For the Deutsch stamped contacts in the kit pictured I have found a generic crimp tool that works ok, from Delcity: OEM brand crimper. Takes some experimenting with the contacts and crimpers but they definitely work although they do distort the contact some.

I have since gone with the Deutsch solid (round) contacts that take the HDT-48-00 crimper and have found the only place to purchase these at a somewhat reasonable price is Ladd Inc. Their website does not list prices, you have to have the Deutsch part numbers and call for a quote. The crimpers cost me $180 to my door, they typically sell for $225 and up. Check this crazy ebay price from Wirecare; Deutsch crimpers on ebay. Ladd inc. also has the best prices that I have found on the connectors and contacts although they have a minimum order amount that will not be an issue if you are buildiing up a kit similar to what is pictured.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
:banghead: I spent weeks looking for a source for these for my road rod conversion ended up spendin $75.00 for about 6 of them. Used whatever douche crimpers I had on hand!

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
I have plenty in stock and plug kits all ready to go if any members are in need... I have sent them out before and am always glad to help out...:D

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have plenty in stock and plug kits all ready to go if any members are in need... I have sent them out before and am always glad to help out...:D
Hey Sharkey,

Do you sell just the connectors and do you have the tools to make a pigtail? I am looking for a deutsch 4 pin pigtail to plug into 07 DX datalink connector. I found a couple websites that sell deutsch connectors but you got to have the crimper to put it together.
It will be awesome if you are able to sell me a pigtail... :notworth::notworth::notworth:

Thanks,
Biker Squid

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yea... I know... I think the crimper works alot better than me trying to squeeze the hell out of the pins or solder. If Sharkey can't deliver than I am off to using pliers...

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Sharkey you are the man. I am working on something now.

I'll be calling you.

rod

1 - 19 of 19 Posts