Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2006 VRSCD Night-Rod that needs a windshield - preferably detachable. Anyone got suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have the HD touring detachable on my 04B. It creates some rather bothersome turbulence behind it. Faster you go, or wind/crosswind, the worse it is. Even wearing my full face helmet my vision gets blurred some. Funny thing is if I put my hand on my knee with fingers extended it will block the air. I need to figure out where to put some kind of deflector, or start rounding up some road glide fairing parts. Not too crazy about the look, but I want to be able to fly down the highway in comfort.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
I have the HD touring detachable on my 04B. It creates some rather bothersome turbulence behind it. Faster you go, or wind/crosswind, the worse it is. Even wearing my full face helmet my vision gets blurred some. Funny thing is if I put my hand on my knee with fingers extended it will block the air. I need to figure out where to put some kind of deflector, or start rounding up some road glide fairing parts. Not too crazy about the look, but I want to be able to fly down the highway in comfort.
Yup. Been there. The batwing solved all the updraft issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, AZLIVN. I think I'm gonna have to get the HD mid-sport windshield - the one that goes about 12-inches over the stock fairing. It's the only one I can afford right now. Hope it works okay for the long hauls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts