Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

After some nice looking, good quality detachable saddlebag / seat bag for the muscle as I'm going touring in France this June.

It's an 8 day trip covering 2200 miles so needs to be a suitable size

I've spent ages looking through forums with no joy

Dont want to drill my rear fender and the hard saddlebags look great but don't seem to come off easily.

Please can you let me know what u use ?

Even better would be some pics ;)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
142 Posts
"Iron Rider" cruiser luggage by Dowco. U'd need the (butt) "backrest & single luggage rack" on the F to use their Overnite and/or Roll-bag.They work just fine for me, very complimentary pieces that fit well on the Muscle, IMO. JR

·
Registered
11 Posts
I might be able to help

I don't know if you have seen the removable seat back thread. But I have come up with a set up. I'm working on the final touches within the next couple of weeks. I also came up with a brac for factory dyna wide glide saddle bags they can be removed by two screws and no fender drilling. If you can wait a couple of weeks I will have the final products, and pricing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds great thanks. I am happy to wait as I need the luggage sorted for June.

Really don't want to be drilling my lovely rear fender.

I'll hunt for that thread.

Cheers

·
Registered
101 Posts
"Iron Rider" cruiser luggage by Dowco. U'd need the (butt) "backrest & single luggage rack" on the F to use their Overnite and/or Roll-bag.They work just fine for me, very complimentary pieces that fit well on the Muscle, IMO. JR
How is this luggage in the weather? Can it handle the rain at all?

·
Registered
142 Posts
rain, rain go away...

Can't rightly tell ya, it rarely rains here in Las Vegas & haven't been caught in a downpour in other states w/ the luggage, yet. However, they are "water resistant" & nonetheless come w/ weatherproof coverbags. Reasonably priced, too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can't rightly tell ya, it rarely rains here in Las Vegas & haven't been caught in a downpour in other states w/ the luggage, yet. However, they are "water resistant" & nonetheless come w/ weatherproof coverbags. Reasonably priced, too.
Thank you for the info. I live in Vegas as well :dance:. Just wanted to know since I will be traveling to other states at times.

·
Ride hard die hard
243 Posts
I'm currently looking at the moto centric bags on motorcycle-superstore.com They run 116 dollars and look pretty big.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts