Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello what was the difference between the basic V-Rod transmission and the Destroyer transmission? I know they have different part numbers, and there was a difference in 2nd gear, but what else was different? I am building a clone motor and want to know what all was done to gears in the Destroyer? Would I be better off just trying to find a used transmission? Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Upon further research I did find out that the transmissions were modified by Andrews. Apparently the transmission has been modified by ?cutting the number of cogs in half and undercutting the gears for quicker and easier shifting.? So I guess I need to find a use gear set.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Get ahold of mark at R and D motorsports. He has gone through a lot of destroyer transmissions. I believe he makes his own 2nd gear because the v and h gears were flaking. He also cuts the gears and a few other modifications to make these transmissions a lot better. Nice guy talk with also.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Clint, thanks for the info! Talked to Mark and will be sending him my stock gear set I have, to be modified as the originals were!! Again thanks for the awesome link!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts