Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to buy one and how much they cost?? My boss races a destroyer in the ahdra and let me swap my vmods out for his destroyer pipe for the weekend and it sounds awesome and looks good, too.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, bro.

The only thing that keeps me just wanting the Harley pipe is the look. I dont like how the V&H pipe goes straight back. Unlike the HD pipe, which turns out.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I better start keepin an eye on ebay and craigslist then. No effing way I'm spending a grand on a pipe.

Maybe, though, I could just buy the 2-1 collector and it would fit on stock headers???? I was planning on wrapping the headers anyway so I could remove the heatshields and it wouldnt look all crappy.

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
I got my destroyer pipes for $500, the indy pipes are a pita they need to be reworked to even be able to run on the road and make right hand turns.

I can't take clover leafs like I use to with the pipe, I don't hit the collector I actually rub on the front header pipe right by the bottom of the frame rail. I think if a person doesn't have the bike lowered then it wouldn't be a problem, but I have mine lowered over an 1". 1" progressive kit, and buell wheels. I got second at the dyno shoot out at kc with them also, if I had a right map I know I could of gained a couple hp.

Plus with all the destoryers out there and the indy pipe somone has to have the stockers sitting on a shelf for ya!

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where did you get your destroyer pipe, Nic??

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
metallica0099...You might be able to get a collector made pretty cheap. Based on what 02man shows on that parts sheet, you could use the stock headers and have a collector made that will function well in turns as well. Since you have an R, I"m not sure how the header pipes are stacked. On the DX they are stacked side by side, so the clearance wouldn't be an issue. I'd just get measurements for the exhaust opening on the collector and have one made. Shouldn't cost you more than $100 at most fabricators.

Take a look at 07DX. He made simple turnouts off the header pipes. You should be able to do the same by fabricating a 2 into 1 collector.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dark_HD_07 said:
metallica0099...You might be able to get a collector made pretty cheap. Based on what 02man shows on that parts sheet, you could use the stock headers and have a collector made that will function well in turns as well. Since you have an R, I"m not sure how the header pipes are stacked. On the DX they are stacked side by side, so the clearance wouldn't be an issue. I'd just get measurements for the exhaust opening on the collector and have one made. Shouldn't cost you more than $100 at most fabricators.

Take a look at 07DX. He made simple turnouts off the header pipes. You should be able to do the same by fabricating a 2 into 1 collector.

Thats another good idea.

However, I have a "D." I feel disgusted......

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
metallica0099 said:
Thats another good idea.

However, I have a "D." I feel disgusted......
Sorry, I misread your signature. Fingers typed faster than the brain comprehended. It should look similar then to what 07DX has. You can build the collector and even have it turn down slightly. That would look pretty sweet. I might consider something like that if it's not too difficult to tune properly.

Good Luck.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dark_HD_07 said:
Sorry, I misread your signature. Fingers typed faster than the brain comprehended. It should look similar then to what 07DX has. You can build the collector and even have it turn down slightly. That would look pretty sweet. I might consider something like that if it's not too difficult to tune properly.

Good Luck.
I was just kidding. But seriously. I think it would look pretty sweet as well and I have always wanted some kind of street sweeper type exhausts.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
metallica0099 said:
I was just kidding. But seriously. I think it would look pretty sweet as well and I have always wanted some kind of street sweeper type exhausts.
Having your own collector cut would probably work much better any way. The VRSXE header pipes are vertically stacked. The lower pipe actaully sits below the frame and will rub every time in a right turn. The stock headers have solved this issue by being stacked horizontally. I like your idea of removing the heat shields and heat wrapping the pipes instead though. That would look great.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Alright, my brain is going at it again. You could also consider having your third volume modified to create a 2 into 1.

http://vrod.cc/usvrod/

Throw an exhaust tip on and you're good to go. Just another thought.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not that big of a 2-1 fan and the destroyer pipe is my only exception. I think the two separate pipes are better looking.

·
VRSCX #293/1400
46 Posts
Metallica 0099,

Did you ever get a Destroyer pipe?

Anybody with a stock height bike running the Destroyer pipe? I'm interested in the right conering capabilities. Anyone have a VRSCX with the Destroyer pipe? Pix would be great!

The endless persuit of the perfect pipes...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts