Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the spacers and gaskets and it was worth a little over 3 hp on the local dyno. This was compared to my last run there, its not a happy dyno very close to Gail's HD. It took me about 2 hrs from start to finish due to trying to hold all the parts together and getting the bolts started....PITA. It would have been easier if I had a table to get the bike higher off the ground instead of my POS floor jack. :)

1 ea oil pan spacer 26146-06
1 ea baffle gasket 26147-06k
1 ea oil pick up spacer 26148-06k
You will need 17 bolts and washer that are 25 mm longer then stock, and I reused my stock pan gasket with no problems.

Danno be glad I didn't have this installed at KC. :)

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gdub said:
Are you saying that an oil pan spacer gave you three more horsepower?
A little over 3 HP because it gets the crank out of the oil. With less holes in the back of bottom gasket it keeps oil out of the trans during a launch too.

·
4,638 Posts
VrodG said:
A little over 3 HP because it gets the crank out of the oil. With less holes in the back of bottom gasket it keeps oil out of the trans during a launch too.

You SIR are correct !!!

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Cool. I was not debating, I just had no idea the theory behind it. Thanks for the info.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
VrodG said:
Couldn't you just run it without oil and have the same effect? :stilpoke:

I'm KIDDING, GREG.

·
Registered
110 Posts
would this be the same thing as the zippers oil pan spacer kit? How much did it cost total? you did not re-tune it did you since the this should have no effect on the motor, only putting more power to the ground?

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shima said:
would this be the same thing as the zippers oil pan spacer kit? How much did it cost total? you did not re-tune it did you since the this should have no effect on the motor, only putting more power to the ground?
I don't know anything about Zippers spacers. About $350.00 according ZANOTTI'S web site. No I didn't have it re-turned and the A&F looked good. Yes more Hp to the ground. :)

·
SOLD
3,118 Posts
Good info Greg, I was thinking about doing this with the kit that Zippers sells. Might just go the same way you did.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Thats a cool little tip for a few added HP. How did this affect your ground clearance Greg? I wouldnt mind doing this, but there are a couple of huge speed bumps at the hospital where I work. I would hate to come to a sudden stop due to the oil pan catching on it, LOL. Yes, they are monster speed bumps!

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Just for reference:

26146-06 SPACER, OIL PAN, DK PLATINUM Retail Price:$320.95
Our Price:$256.76
26147-06K GASKET, BAFFLE PLATE Retail Price:$56.55
Our Price:$45.24
26148-06K SPACER, OIL PICK UP ASSY Retail Price:$85.95
Our Price:$68.76

$370.76 Plus bolts.

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
Gdub said:
Just for reference:

26146-06 SPACER, OIL PAN, DK PLATINUM Retail Price:$320.95
Our Price:$256.76
26147-06K GASKET, BAFFLE PLATE Retail Price:$56.55
Our Price:$45.24
26148-06K SPACER, OIL PICK UP ASSY Retail Price:$85.95
Our Price:$68.76

$370.76 Plus bolts.
Maybe I'll just lose some weight!!!!!!

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jmullins said:
Thats a cool little tip for a few added HP. How did this affect your ground clearance Greg? I wouldnt mind doing this, but there are a couple of huge speed bumps at the hospital where I work. I would hate to come to a sudden stop due to the oil pan catching on it, LOL. Yes, they are monster speed bumps!
This setup and speed bumbs are not a good mix.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
VrodG said:
I can't argue with the benefit from keeping the oil from pooling in the transmission but doesn't the stock setup already have a baffle plate that keeps the crank out of the oil? Or does this setup move the stock baffle plate lower?

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
stever975 said:
I can't argue with the benefit from keeping the oil from pooling in the transmission but doesn't the stock setup already have a baffle plate that keeps the crank out of the oil? Or does this setup move the stock baffle plate lower?

This may help

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
VrodG said:
This may help
Greg,
Thanks. That does help. From the drawing you posted the stock baffle remains where it normally sits so the benefit must be from keeping the oil out of the transmission.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
stever975 said:
Greg,
Thanks. That does help. From the drawing you posted the stock baffle remains where it normally sits so the benefit must be from keeping the oil out of the transmission.
You have to drain about 2qts of oil to pull either side cover off with out making a mess. This means these 2 qt above the top gasket. So lowering the oil level 25 mm along the lower gasket not having holes in the rear is where you pick up the extra HP.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
VrodG said:
You have to drain about 2qts of oil to pull either side cover off with out making a mess. This means these 2 qt above the top gasket. So lowering the oil level 25 mm along the lower gasket not having holes in the rear is where you pick up the extra HP.
OK. Now I understand.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts