Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall seeing a recommended season end maintence schedule ( I believe it was called a " refresher " ) for the Destroyer motor somewhere but I can't seem to find it again. Anyone know where I can find it? Thanks, Pat.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Just send it to my house- I will give it the "once over " :angeldev:

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Premature valve guide wear is apparently an issue when using the oxygenated fuel. Something to keep an eye on. As these bikes get more laps on them, more information or failure patterns if you will, will be become more apparent.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
smokenjoe01 said:
Patm Thats only info somebody that owns one needs to know. Are you planning something?
Joe, I should have pulled the trigger on the one that was listed for $ 17,000.00 with the race pack and went out and had some fun. Like a Knucklehead I passed the information on to a local guy running one already and I think he bought it to field a second team. I wouldn't mind running one eventually. I like your idea and would want to run multiple plates instead of just the Destroyer class. More laps, more fun. A turbo Destroyer would be interesting and has me thinking lately. :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
411 Posts
To start off with if you have not changed the second gear do it. Not all had problems. A good rule of the thumb is 125 passes up most have been tearing them down. Some at 125 passes will look at the rod and main bearings and do a leak down. Then tear it down at 150 up and do a rebuild. When you will re ring if no wear or no scaring of the liners. Mine had scaring of the liners so I did the whole assembly. Valve guides do have wear.

·
Frank
4,317 Posts
Yes, U4 is the HD recommended fuel for the Destroyer from HD. Yes it is Oxygenated. Here is a link to the VP site that shows U4. http://www.vpracingfuels.com/vp_01_fuels.html#leaded I have wanted to try the U4.2 or the U4E, but I can't seem to getthem easily. U4.2 sounds like it deals with the odor and sticky issues, without losing the 6% gain. http://www.vpracingfuels.com/spec/Tech_BulletinMRSeries_Jun07.doc

You also can't leave this stuff in a tank because of the venting. You have to keep it in a sealed container.

·
Frank
4,317 Posts
Update.... just called my closest VP dealer and they said they just got in the first 55gal drum on Monday!! Only $10.75 a gallon:stilpoke: . I may need to run out there and pick some up instead of trying to tune for U4 and then have to switch later to U4.2.

·
Frank
4,317 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Frank, Just belly up for the 55 gal. drum.:hidesbeh:
I'll tell you what.... if I had a racetrack that was open closer that 94 miles away, I just might! Then again, at 1/4mile at a time, that would last forever.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
we have run u4.2 and ms109(unleaded) they map close to the same and almost the same power,, you are absolutely right about not leaving in the tank,, and the stuff will gum up injectors, we had to have rc engineering clean ours because of my poor maintanance..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts