1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dheads.JPG

dheads2.JPG

dheads3.JPG

These have been CNC machined from stock V-Rod heads to meet stock V-Rod Destroyer specs and are now superior to the stock heads that the Destroyer originally came with.

New stock HD, OEM Destroyer valves

New valve seals.

Beehive, micropolished valve springs and aftermarket keepers.

Non-beryllium 50 degree, copper valve seats for quicker heat dissipation. These overlapping, interlocking, intake valve seats also solve the problem of the heads cracking in between the intake valves, like the stock heads are prone to do.

Valve guides are nickel aluminum bronze for quicker heat dissipation and tighter tolerances.

These are fully assembled, in the box, and ready to go. This is the last set that I have of these, done this way.

$ 2250.00, shipped within Canada or the US.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Streetable? worth it? Racing only? Pat, PM me. Joe

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
are you using the same cnc program for the ports as the factory destroyer? i know that wegner that cnc ported the destroyer heads told me the destroyer ports will hit the water jackets on the stock v-rod heads.... there was a run of special castings for the destroyers that had the waterjackets moved away from the intake ports... of course you could weld up that area of the waterjacket... when we did our heads with destroyer intake valves and seats i got real close to the waterjacket on the shortside radius.... and the port floor really needed to be a little wider to be optimum... when we sonic tested the thickness of the port in the waterjacket area it was so thin that i pressure tested the heads to make sure it would hold....

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
are you using the same cnc program for the ports as the factory destroyer? i know that wegner that cnc ported the destroyer heads told me the destroyer ports will hit the water jackets on the stock v-rod heads.... there was a run of special castings for the destroyers that had the waterjackets moved away from the intake ports... of course you could weld up that area of the waterjacket... when we did our heads with destroyer intake valves and seats i got real close to the waterjacket on the shortside radius.... and the port floor really needed to be a little wider to be optimum... when we sonic tested the thickness of the port in the waterjacket area it was so thin that i pressure tested the heads to make sure it would hold....
Leon, I discussed this with Wegner a while back. They said that about 1 in 4 stock casting heads would cut through with their program.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Streetable? worth it? Racing only? Pat, PM me. Joe
Joe most of the heads that I have done are for racing although I do have a set that were machined to Destroyer specs with 1mm oversized valves, but would use a standard V-Rod cam, like Zippers or Stage II.

Leon I originally started doing these heads with Short Block Charlie because at one point in time Destroyer heads always seemed to be on National back order. Not good during the race season if you grenade a motor and need a set right away.

Charlie's work was always good but his poor business skills and the unrealistic time it took to get anything done for teams that needed them right away, drove me nuts, so I moved on to Casey and Wegners with way better results. I have one set of Charlie's heads left for sale.

To date I've had Wegeners convert 5 sets of stock heads to Destroyer specs, CHE guides, Beehive springs, new valves, etc.and also clean up an OEM Destroyer set and we haven't run into any problems.

Knock on wood. :)

·
all or nothing
1,372 Posts
Why the head line "Destroyer heads" while they are not?

Btw. Your exh. cam bearing caps are upside down.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why the head line "Destroyer heads" while they are not?

Btw. Your exh. cam bearing caps are upside down.
WTF!

What would you call them? Go back and read the description. They are not being advertised as OEM Destroyer heads and are working just fine on a half a dozen Destroyers right now. They are machined to the exact specs that a OEM V-Rod Destroyer head is, along with numerous improvements in areas that have been known to fail, by the place that did them for Harley Davidson when the Destroyers were built.

Relax the caps were just put on the for the picture. :bash:

Perhaps this might be a translation thing ( doubtful though ) but if you have no interest in buying these heads keep your malicious opinions to yourself fock off, and stop screwing with my thread.

Don't you have enough " me, me ,me " threads on the go here already? :lamer:

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Leon, I discussed this with Wegner a while back. They said that about 1 in 4 stock casting heads would cut through with their program.
thanks ... that is a little different than what i was told but makes sense....i wonder just how thin the area close to waterjacket gets with the destroyer porting on stock castings.... when we had the large destroyer seats put in by wegners they asked if we wanted them to do the porting but we always do our own porting in house so we didn`t have them do it... i know at that time they wouldn`t do the destroyer porting on stock castings. they said they had another program for stock castings that would work almost as well .. but things change and that was several years ago...i would love to put a set of destroyer heads on my flow bench... wegner gave me the flow numbers for a destroyer head on their flow bench and the numbers i got on my bench on my heads are very similiar (2cfm less on the intake 4 cfm better on the exhaust) but comparing numbers from one flow bench to another is the same as comparing numbers from one dyno to another...

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks ... that is a little different than what i was told but makes sense....i wonder just how thin the area close to waterjacket gets with the destroyer porting on stock castings.... when we had the large destroyer seats put in by wegners they asked if we wanted them to do the porting but we always do our own porting in house so we didn`t have them do it... i know at that time they wouldn`t do the destroyer porting on stock castings. they said they had another program for stock castings that would work almost as well .. but things change and that was several years ago...i would love to put a set of destroyer heads on my flow bench... wegner gave me the flow numbers for a destroyer head on their flow bench and the numbers i got on my bench on my heads are very similiar (2cfm less on the intake 4 cfm better on the exhaust) but comparing numbers from one flow bench to another is the same as comparing numbers from one dyno to another...
I liked Charlie's idea of the copper figure 8 insert to solve the problem of the splitting between the valves, especially running oxygenated fuel. Be nice if someone else more reliable offered that.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
with the same cnc porting and computer valve seating done by the company that did the original destroyer heads these are a least an excellent replacement for the originals..

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
with the same cnc porting and computer valve seating done by the company that did the original destroyer heads these are a least an excellent replacement for the originals..
.... plus the Beehive springs and the CHE guides. :deal:

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I liked Charlie's idea of the copper figure 8 insert to solve the problem of the splitting between the valves, especially running oxygenated fuel. Be nice if someone else more reliable offered that.
i have never seen seats like your are talking about but it sounds like an excellent idea...when we had to have new seats put in our heads because the head cracked between the intake seats i talked with charlie and was impressed with him but went with wegners because they have always done good work for us in the past....we now have interlocking hard seats.... if we were running titanium valves i would go with the bronze seats....i wish i had the kind of money required to get the newen machine that wegner and charlie use for cutting valve seats....those machines do a precision job that can`t be done any other way...

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Leon, here it is in action.

http://youtu.be/RvbHo5zrvzg
Ken, the thing that just irked me was I watched this video about a million times before I contacted him to use his services. 3.30 minutes to demonstrate the procedure but 8 months to actually have them do a set for you. Yes, I said 8 months. :banghead: I had customers waiting and the entire race season came and went and no heads.

Now, thanks to Wegner's / I've got an inventory of heads on the the shelf. :notworth:

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Leon that's the part I didn't understand. If you had that type of machinery why wouldn't you want to keep it busy?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts