Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I know this might sound a bit odd I need a Backrest before the end of the month for a ride. Anyone willing to rent me your backrest?

Thank you for the consideration. :notworth:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Don't take offense. This is an odd request.

Consider that permanent holes must be carefully drilled through the rear fender to install the back rest.

If someone loaned you theirs, they would leave those gaping marks and probably would look terrible.

Can't you purchase one at your dealer?

If it is on back order have the call other dealers to find one that is in stock. Just an idea.

Would be interesting to see if anyone lends you theirs.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't take offense. This is an odd request.

Consider that permanent holes must be carefully drilled through the rear fender to install the back rest.

If someone loaned you theirs, they would leave those gaping marks and probably would look terrible.

Can't you purchase one at your dealer?

If it is on back order have the call other dealers to find one that is in stock. Just an idea.

Would be interesting to see if anyone lends you theirs.
Yes I know it is an odd request. I do plan on buying one so the drilling is not a problem. I have all the other items needed to install the backrest. I just can't get one from Harley before my ride, do to the back order going into to Oct. I have had all the dealer searches done. No one has this thing.

Thanks.

·
Trouble Maker
1,078 Posts
Where are you located? Jim

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yes I know it is an odd request. I do plan on buying one so the drilling is not a problem. I have all the other items needed to install the backrest. I just can't get one from Harley before my ride, do to the back order going into to Oct. I have had all the dealer searches done. No one has this thing.

Thanks.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can get one for you trip.

Sounds like backorders are still an issue.

Good luck....

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hello,

I know this might sound a bit odd I need a Backrest before the end of the month for a ride. Anyone willing to rent me your backrest?

Thank you for the consideration. :notworth:
What dates are we talking about?

If late enough we may be parked so I can get mine pulled off. I think we may have maybe 2 weeks left in our good riding season and then I go solo into Oct. Just would have to backpack my extra gear.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for your help. I live in Las Vegas and the big Bikefest event out here is Sept 30th - Oct. 2nd. However I would need to probably start borrowing around
Sept 24 at the latest so that I have time to have it mounted.

Thanks so much.

·
So. Cal. Cruzin'
101 Posts
It shows on their website:
luggage rack P#53315-09 $159.95
Back rest P#51600-09 $159.95
Back rest (upright) install kit W/O luggage rack P#51607-09 $23.95
I would call them in the morning to confirm if they have them or not.
Hope this helps!

MainStreet Motorcycles LLC.
W61 N14270 Taunton Avenue
Cedarburg, WI 53012
email: [email protected]
Phone :
Tech and general information: 262-377-VMOD (8663)
Fax: 262-377-0766
Orders: 1-262-377-8663
Store Hours: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm CST

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again thanks to everyone that reached out. I need to put a shout out to Saint Paul's Harley Davidson Minnesota. They had one left in stock. Whoo hoo! I have been doing so much calling even to other countries.

Thanks agains. The VROD Riders are just cool people.

·
ELMO
74 Posts
Glad to see it worked out. I Love this Forum

Sam

1 - 15 of 15 Posts