Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Strong Island
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm a soldier stationed in Iraq and I just pre-ordered an '08 DX in denim...Now I'm having secomd thoughts...Perhaps the vivid? I know it's an especially silly thread, but when you drop 16K on something, you want it to be just right. Being here in the sandbox, I haven't had the chance to see one in the flesh, just pics off the gallery here.

Probably a mute question since I plan on putting a 260 under a JE Illusions rear and airbox..

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Agreed. Since your getting the airbox and rear fender, you might as well design a unique paint job.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
i'm A Vivid Fan Myself

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
First off, thanks for your service :notworth:

On the vivid versus denim, my preference is vivid. I like some shine on the top side :)

Still, either way, this is one great looking bike and you cannot go wrong either way. Especially if you are swappin out the skins anyway ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Vivid over Denim

balius said:

On the vivid versus denim, my preference is vivid. I like some shine on the top side :)

Still, either way, this is one great looking bike and you cannot go wrong either way. Especially if you are swappin out the skins anyway ;)
I agree 100% ! I own a 07DX in Vivid. To me (and its all personal choice) the denim looks like primer. I like the gloss look better. I also hear the Denim "wears" strangely....like denim pants. The dealer said its supposed to "wear" like denim jeans, and gives the bike "character" . I like the look and non-changing character of the VIVID black paint job. Be safe in Iraq! -Aaron

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
balius said:

:them:

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Go with Vivid....the vivid skins match the frame, since the frame is shiney...

·
Registered
276 Posts
thanks for your service to us! as far as color goes. they are both cool colors. i admit that i like and have the vivid. i like it shiny. sometimes i think the denim and rust colors are like primer waiting for a nice topcoat.keep up the good work. watch your butt during your countdown days.:notworth:

·
The FREAK
11 Posts
DENIM ALL THE WAY!!!.... No waxing, just soap and water. Also the Denim is unique... Gloss(vivid) is the NORM. Dont be normal...

HOORAH!!!

·
Banned
248 Posts
its all about the money

like other have said, thank you for your service to our country!!!!!!

Now on to the issue at hand. It is all about the money. When I bought my A there was no extra cost for Vivid. i am not sure about the DX but i=on most HD bikes the Vivid is the base color and there is no extra charge for it. I am not sure but in the past other colors such as Denim might cost an extra $100 or so I am not sure. But if I read your post right, you plan on getting some custom color in the future right? If this is the case why would you pay more for a color you dont plan on keeping? Any just my .02. Good luck in your decission and be safe over there.

Malac

Oh yeah by the way I bought the VIVID because I like it better :angeldev:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Vivid, especially on the 08's. I like the silver or orange stripe on the airbox.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Vivid - I like the way it matches the frame & motor.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Denim.....every other Harley comes in vivid. Only a select few get the black denim. Besides if you want a stealth look and plan to black it out.....the denim hides in the dark.....When I am done there will be only the lower forks that are not black....the blackest sheep of them all.

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
vivid, otherwise it looks under construction IMHO

1 - 20 of 47 Posts