Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cansomeone tell what is recommended to clean the demin paint. I figured wax is out but what is used to clean off hard water and stuff. I cleaned a part with water and soap and now have water stains.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Soap and water work fine for heavy dirt but you must dry off the bike when done. I use a microfiber cloth for drying. You can also use glass cleaner and a microfiber rag.

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
Soap and water, glass cleaner, and/or Harley Gloss.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. Glass cleaner works well.:notworth:

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Gleam All glass cleaner. Thats what we use in the detail department.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just asking out of curiosity.....
When you say you use glass cleaner and a micro fiber cloth to clean the bike... you don't do this if it has "real dirt" on it do you? Wouldn't that scratch the hell out of the bike?
Do you wash the bike with soap and water first, let it dry and then detail it with the glass cleaner and cloth?

TIA

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
pacanis said:
Just asking out of curiosity.....
When you say you use glass cleaner and a micro fiber cloth to clean the bike... you don't do this if it has "real dirt" on it do you? Wouldn't that scratch the hell out of the bike?
Do you wash the bike with soap and water first, let it dry and then detail it with the glass cleaner and cloth?

TIA
Rinse it off first, yes, and then dry it and use the glass cleaner as a detailer. But if the bike is free of dirt, just wipe it off with the glass cleaner.

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
DAWN on the Denim only. Then use the leaf blower. No rubbing necessary. NO abrasion..... :D

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
rckozma said:
That's what I do too.

but dilute of course....and I need to get my lame ass out and do it... :banghead:

·
Registered
513 Posts
TEJASPECIAL said:
but dilute of course....and I need to get my lame ass out and do it... :banghead:
Yup, a little in a bucket of water does the trick. I also have a spray bottle with a little diluted in water for those quick touch-ups when the bike has been in the garage for a few weeks and collecting dust (mostly because I forgot to put on the bike cover).

·
Registered
288 Posts
Bulletin on Denim Paint

Last visit to the stealer he showed me a bulletin about the denim paint. Don't use waxs or gloss enhancers of any kind. That will cause a shine to build in the finish. Also it said fading and blotching is a potential problem. I am interested in a second HD and he wanted me to be aware of the denim short comings. In fact he said he will have me sign a copy of the bulletin if I buy from him.
For more details check with your stealer.
Rod-On Dar

·
BISHOP11c
244 Posts
I use that German stuff that the dealer carries, S100. I bought the kit which had the cleaner, wax, and microfibre towel. The cleaner is great, almost no rubbing required to remove dirt. I use the wax on the vivid stripes and frame.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts