Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So I’ve been riding on my current tune a while which I have massively enjoyed. But I’ve been looking over the AFRs wondering whether I have the AFR to provide the most power. I’ve been reading every thread I could and there seems to be no straight answer. Seen it all from low 12s to mid 13s.

What is the best Afr under stage 1 conditions for power? Mid range rpm is currently in the upper 12, and upper rpms to redline are about 12.5, obviously at 100kpa. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Hey guys. So I’ve been riding on my current tune a while which I have massively enjoyed. But I’ve been looking over the AFRs wondering whether I have the AFR to provide the most power. I’ve been reading every thread I could and there seems to be no straight answer. Seen it all from low 12s to mid 13s.

What is the best Afr under stage 1 conditions for power? Mid range rpm is currently in the upper 12, and upper rpms to redline are about 12.5, obviously at 100kpa. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Doubt you will ever get a straight answer, however 12.5-13.5 is the most common. Leaning a hair to the leaner side will produce a hair more as long as the timing is spot on. 13 would be a good safe number.
Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts