Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Good at IT
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My personal scale is just barely tipped in one direction - let me know what you think!!! PLEASE :notworth:

Used 2003 VRSCSA Custom Paint - Two Tone Harley Racing Black and Orange (kind of a large block tribal pattern trinsition between the two) - SE Slip on's, Filter, and Map - Chrome everywhere (engine everywhere, belt gaurds, fender/seat base, sissy bar, grips, all pegs, I'm sure I'm missing several other things) - Chromed Solid Wheels - smoked lenses - stock seat - 530 miles - $19,995. It is DEFINITELY a sweet looking ride!!!
One year warranty is up, I can only extend for 4 because it is used. Dealer didn't know if 28 tooth mod was done (I'm assuming still stock 30, dealer will try to reach previous owner on Monday to ask). Don't know why the previous owner traded it in, other than he got a different style Harley.

-or-

New 2004 VRSCA Lava Red - $18,000 - I would add 5 year ext warranty - These are the mods I would do to it - SE 16GA Exhaust, Filter, and Map - Sundowner seat, base plate, sissy bar, and pass backrest - Luggage Rack - Touring Shield - Engine Guard with the narrow Harley driving/fog lights mounted on them - Clear Signal Lenses - V-Mod saddle bag supports and some kind of saddle bags (undecided at this point)

Knowing what we know about the differences in frame paint, recalls,valve adjustment periods, etc., etc., and anything else I haven't thought of... please chime in with you thoughts.

·
Registered
765 Posts
If you like the look of the '03 and would do those mods anyway, I'd go for the '03! I'd also make sure to get the extended waranty!!!

Just my :2cents:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Either one will do.Get what you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts