Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to VRODs and my ‘05 B has decel popping. This may be strange, but I actually like the sound. Is there anything harmful that can happen to the bike if I leave this alone?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
New to VRODs and my ‘05 B has decel popping. This may be strange, but I actually like the sound. Is there anything harmful that can happen to the bike if I leave this alone?
You just bought a tuner. Why not tune it out as decel popping just shows an incomplete tune. On the other hand light exhaust burbling is very common on decels.
Ron

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll definitely learn the PowrPro and tweak everything when I get back from vacation. I’ll also tighten everything on the exhaust (a suggestion elsewhere). But if the popping is still there, I’m cool with that. 🙂

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some interesting posts here:
https://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346914
https://www.1130cc.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-139413.html

Question:
From what I read in the first thread, does decreasing the fuel in the throttle-on position, improve decel popping? It seemed that both options: increasing throttle-off fuel or decreasing throttle-on fuel would help.

(For those unfamiliar, PowrPro has two modes: cruise and acceleration. The unit knows whether the throttle is off or on based on a built-in accelerometer.)

I'm happy with the cruise setting of the PowrPro because it's stabilizing my idle. The PowrPro by default is adding fuel to my acceleration which I don't think I need - I'm quite happy with the performance of the bike the way it was before the PowrPro - and I think there was less decel popping before.

I'll play with settings once I get back from my trip. I'm just curious about the theory while I'm traveling and can't test anything out....

Sam

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaand I'm back! I went ahead and dropped the Accel value on the Cobra down to zero and it definitely cut down the popping. I'll try riding at zero for a while and see how I like it. The power curve definitely has a different personality at 0 and I predict that I'll end up adding a touch of fuel to the Accel value to put me in my sweet spot for power and economy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts