Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whether to change my exhaust to SE 16 Gauge Double Barrell. I love the loud animal Force pipes but they are killing my ears lately. Maybe I`m getting old:rolleyes: . So here is my question:

How well can you hear the 16 Guage exhaust when riding? Does it give you a nice noticeable rumble or are they not worth the money? :confused: I have been riding more and more and would like a noticeable good sound but without going deaf. Another reason is that ever since I changed to the Force pipes I have yet to get the bike to run 100%. It runs a million times better since I put the PC3r in but it still doesn`t seem exactly right. Maybe it`s me??? Any thought s on this would be appreciated.

:banghead

·
Registered
93 Posts
Leave It Loud. I have samson short slashers w/ prcIII and it runs great. But I Like it loud. A friend of mine has the 16 guage double barrells on a rod and they sound good. Maybe try mod 16 guages ?

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know I`ve been thinkin that maybe the fuel flange problem might be affecting me. It`s going in this Thursday to get fixed. We`ll see what happens.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
TBAG809 loud is alright but I'm sure the force pipes are like the mufflers I made and they were just way to LOUD. They would vibrate your ear drum and make it tickle they were so loud. The sixteen gauge are nothing like the open pipes at all but they do perform well, I think the slip on screamin eagles perform a little better but are not as loud as the 16 gauge.
:2cents

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Vrodbcd,
Are those slashers comparable to the rip saws?
I want to do the rip saws with the Race Tuner this winter but don't want to be deaf in the process. I want it loud but not be run out of the neighborhood by the cop with a dresser next door.:whack:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dan
Yes they sound the same. I bought the short slashers because I liked the way they looked. I also got them because I saw and heard the rip saws on a vrod which was one of the reasons I bought the bike. To me they are awesome. If you want to tone it down some you might go with the long cannons, long slashers and there is another one I can't remember, but they accomodate baffles. The shorter ones don't. Rip saws, Short slashers, street sweepers very LOUD. Will get you a ticket if not careful. Lots of attention if your into that.

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Sorry TBAG809, didn't mean to go off topic there. First time I saw someone with the Samson Slashers and was curious.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dan said:
Sorry TBAG809, didn't mean to go off topic there. First time I saw someone with the Samson Slashers and was curious.
No problem. I`m just bustin chops. I will tell you that all Sampsons are very loud.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
I really like the stock 16ga pipes. Having rented a V-Rod with SE Slip ons, I can say they weren't loud enough. And Robin is selling his V-Modded 16ga because they were apparently finally too much. I think the stock 16ga are just about right for a long drive.
PS: I'm running the stock factory download as well. No stalling, no flat spots.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the SE 16 guage download already so all I need are the pipes. I would get rid of the PC3r since there would be no real need for it. I dont know. I`m still debating. I`ve spent so much damn money on the bike already.:confused:

·
Registered
765 Posts
For longer rides, I've been happy with my V-modded SE1s! Retains the look of the stock pipes (which I like a lot!,) but gives me a bit more HP and more sound!

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
The 16ga pipes are VERY tame sounding. Consider Stock V-Mods (pretty damn loud) or SE V-Mods (pretty quite but a nice bark under throttle).

John

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
V-Modded 16Gas are perfect for me. Nice mixture of loud on a hard acceleration, and tolerable on a long ride. With my PCIIIr, thing runs like a scalded cat!

Mike

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
My v-modded 16 guages are perfect for me. I get many complements from traditional harley riders. I was riding next to a bone stock v-rod and I couldn't believe that my v-rod origionally sounded like that.
Jason

·
Registered
305 Posts
Keep the Force pipes!!!! I don't want to be the only other member of this forum who can't hear a thing!! (although it does come in handy when my wife is yelling at me) :D

Zeeman

1 - 20 of 21 Posts