Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
XB12X now VRSC next
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that there may still be dealers with new (never titled) street rods on the floor. Is this true and if so, what dealer? I would really like a new VRSCR that is still under factory warranty.

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought my NEW 06 VRSCR from Zylstra HD in St. Charles, IL this past summer. They had 3 to choose from...and a 07 nightrod.
http://zylstrahd.com/

They have 3 stores and mine came by truck from the Ames, IA store. I was just there yesterday purchasing a battery tender and there were v-rods all over the place!

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,127 Posts
I bought my NEW 06 VRSCR from Zylstra HD in St. Charles, IL this past summer. They had 3 to choose from...and a 07 nightrod.
http://zylstrahd.com/

They have 3 stores and mine came by truck from the Ames, IA store. I was just there yesterday purchasing a battery tender and there were v-rods all over the place!
Was at Zylstra yesterday. They have a brand new '02 for sale also.

·
XB12X now VRSC next
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I will try Yosemite H-D 1st to see if the 07 is left, closer to Phoenix.
The only VR i want is the Street Rod. Let me know if you see a new one on a showroom floor collecting dust.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Cycle Trader search popped up a couple ... FWIW, when a friend of mine wanted a particular bike, he went to his local dealer, told them what he wanted, and they located it for him.

·
XB12X now VRSC next
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cycle Trader search popped up a couple ... FWIW, when a friend of mine wanted a particular bike, he went to his local dealer, told them what he wanted, and they located it for him.
Outstanding idea regarding the dealer search. Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I called around until i found my street rod a month ago here in WV, brand new 06 with 56 miles on it. got a stupid deal on it as well.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Call H-D customer service; they can access all of the dealer inventory. Just ask them for 'Rs (they should have the color, too).

When I bought mine, they found three in overnight (day there, get bike, day back) range.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Blue '06 on ebay with lless than 700 miles right now.
Just remember that even though it's "new", once you ride it off of the showroom floor, it's a used, low-mileage, 4 or 5 year old Streetrod with a street value of around $8,000.
DON'T OVERPAY!
For example. I bought my 7,000 mile, 2006 R earlier this year for $7,500 and have put around 10,000 miles on it. How much more would it be worth right now if I had bought a "showroom" bike and it now had 10,000 miles on it instead of 17,000?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I say the street price is 7K-ish for low mileage R's. I got mine about 2 mos. ago for 7200 with windshield, bags, all the updates on the steering,rotors.etc. Ebay has a feature where you can see recent sales. Even at 8000 it would be a nice bike but nobody's paying 8000.

The first time I saw an R was at the dealer in '06 for some little part I needed. It tripped me out! I thought it was veeerrry eeeenteresting but too expensive-about 19K OTD. Ouch. Figured to get one when they hit about 9 or 10 used. By the next time I looked they were sub 8K.

Recesions are wonderful things.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
I say the street price is 7K-ish for low mileage R's. I got mine about 2 mos. ago for 7200 with windshield, bags, all the updates on the steering,rotors.etc. Ebay has a feature where you can see recent sales. Even at 8000 it would be a nice bike but nobody's paying 8000.

The first time I saw an R was at the dealer in '06 for some little part I needed. It tripped me out! I thought it was veeerrry eeeenteresting but too expensive-about 19K OTD. Ouch. Figured to get one when they hit about 9 or 10 used. By the next time I looked they were sub 8K.

Recesions are wonderful things.
Did you buy your R San Diego BMW Motorcycles? Gary had a used '06 with windshield and bags.

·
Registered
399 Posts
No,I missed that one. I bought it from a forum member in Florida. A man of superior integrity, I might add. Had I known how comfortable the R is, I woulda flown down there and ridden home but I pussed out and had it shipped. The bike had the sport bags and shield so it woulda been pretty fun. It's even the color I wanted. I'm gonna take a huge trip this spring. No plans,no destination,no poser bike runs,just go. See what happens.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Old FXR, think about working the World Superbike round at Miller Motorsport Park in May into the itinery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I heard that there may still be dealers with new (never titled) street rods on the floor. Is this true and if so, what dealer? I would really like a new VRSCR that is still under factory warranty.

Thanks
I was in Louisville at Bluegrass harley davidson in Kentucky.nov 27 2010.just two days ago and they had ""2"" ..."NEW" 2006 street rods. never lic...$9375.00 each..phone there is ..502 244 8095...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts