Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealership said they could map my new jug huggers without a powercommander to fix the missing at 5-6 k. Also when I installed them i used the stock gaskets cause they looked fine. What are the tourqe specs for header bolts?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
The dealer cannot tune the bike without either a $460 race tuner (on your dime) or with an product called Direct Link (http://www.technoresearch.com/Products/Direct-Link/Direct-Link.htm). That will reprogram the ECM but there's a "license key" charge that they will also pass along.

You need to find out how they plan on tuning it and talk to others who have used them to tune a V-Rod. Post up the dealer's name here to see if anyone else has used them.

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
atvcrazy said:
My dealership said they could map my new jug huggers without a powercommander to fix the missing at 5-6 k. Also when I installed them i used the stock gaskets cause they looked fine. What are the tourqe specs for header bolts?

Ok, I've got a question. Why would you go to all the expense of new pipes and not pony up the $4 or $5 for new header gaskets?

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Hey great lets have another post on this. Now where is my oil?

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Shed said:
Hey great lets have another post on this. Now where is my oil?
:them: Yeah another ECM thread... I'm in. OIL?? What about Al G0RE??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts