Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased a handlebar set from a hd dealer in richmond in melborne.i live in new zealand so when i asked about the freight cost they said the bars weigh 13kilograms and that would cost me 140 aus dollars.i said no i didnt want the whole front end,just the bars they said no the bars weigh 13kg and thats what i have to pay.my daughter went in and picked them up[she lives there].i mean 13kg,wtf are they on over there?must be their way of ripping folks off.ps they are the hd drag bars for the a model.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
What I see in your story is that All HD dealers are the same Dirt Bag Rip Off artists no matter where in the world you find yourself.
There is No Way even a Moderately Dim person would ever thing a handlebar would weigh 13kg. They Knew what they where doing and will try it again to others.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
postage is exspensive here,but not that bad ,it wouldnt cost that much for me to send them to the states,dealers here are the most exspesive anywhere i know, for everything

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes i did ask them to reckeck the weight and the sales person said they[at dispatch]did just that and reconfirmed the weight at 13 kg.i then said ,how about take them out of the lead box they must be in and just send the bars..oh no we cant do that,he said,thats not our policy .they figured if i wanted the only such bars in captivity and having no alternative i would be the perfect customer to ream.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I just got a set of Arnotts shocks from the States to NZ for NZ$140 so and prior to that a full Yoshi exhaust system for NZ$180 so I think they are playing with themselves.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Postage is expensive down here as Brett said, saying that my dealer post for free. Hell he even sent down a bike rack and shipped my bike back to his shop free when I had the prang, and he has stored the bike 3 months free of charge.

So they are not all scum bag rip offs

You want good service and cheaper parts than the big city dealers in Australia Call Col Thomas at Thomas Lee.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
It's obviously a typo on the damn box and they are to ignorant or lazy to get it right or simply don't care if they sell them to you or not. Al is right, more like 1.3K

Lux, I believe Australia is just a little bit further than your "neighbor" Canada! Like a different continent?

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
the issue isnt the cost of shipping it is the incorrect weight they are telling you . \unless they ship in a wooden box there is no way they are that heavy

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Perhaps 13 POUNDS with a good, sturdy shipping container???

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
It's obviously a typo on the damn box and they are to ignorant or lazy to get it right or simply don't care if they sell them to you or not. Al is right, more like 1.3K

Lux, I believe Australia is just a little bit further than your "neighbor" Canada! Like a different continent?
Not the point, any idiot knows that bars dont weigh just shy of 30lbs and if they didn't when He brought up this obvious fact to them as HE did they should have fixed it. They didn't.
So either they are complete morons or they are swindlers. I will choose both.

By The Way, Not so much difference. The different Continent and all. You should get a Job at a Harley Dealership, You would make Manager in no time. Right after you sell a bunch of 40lb oil sticks and 300lb bely guards
Aus -NZ-Auckland, NZ 174.7667
Miles: 1630.19

LA -Saskatchewan, Canada- 1929.9

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
you can say that almost all dealers are pretty unreasonable, car, bike, foreign, domestic etc. This isn't restricted to just Harley.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Not the point, any idiot knows that bars dont weigh just shy of 30lbs and if they didn't when He brought up this obvious fact to them as HE did they should have fixed it. They didn't.
So either they are complete morons or they are swindlers. I will choose both.

By The Way, Not so much difference. The different Continent and all. You should get a Job at a Harley Dealership, You would make Manager in no time. Right after you sell a bunch of 40lb oil sticks and 300lb bely guards
Aus -NZ-Auckland, NZ 174.7667
Miles: 1630.19

LA -Saskatchewan, Canada- 1929.9

LOL!!! You are crossing an ocean!!!

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
LOL!!! You are crossing an ocean!!!
yeah? And do you Think they Drove the Package I sent to be there in 72 hours? What is your point? I know you are Pro HD Corp no matter what but some imbecile not knowing that Bars dont weight 30lbs is just that, another HD moron.
what's the next excuse you come up with? It had to go through Customs? Oh wait, they both had to go through customs.

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
Hi pecee, found my reciept when bought my bars from brisbane $55aussie, you welcome to it if you wanna stick it to them

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi pecee, found my reciept when bought my bars from brisbane $55aussie, you welcome to it if you wanna stick it to them
yea, nah i would be wasteing my time haggling with them i think.it was like talking with my x and her lawyer.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
yeah? And do you Think they Drove the Package I sent to be there in 72 hours? What is your point? I know you are Pro HD Corp no matter what but some imbecile not knowing that Bars dont weight 30lbs is just that, another HD moron.
what's the next excuse you come up with? It had to go through Customs? Oh wait, they both had to go through customs.
You must of missed the 1st sentence on post 11.

I do a ton of shipping all over and it would be a lot more than Canada but nowhere did I stick up for this dealer. In fact the opposite. Miss that did ya?
As a not-so-wise-man has been quoted, "show me where I said that" !

1 - 20 of 34 Posts