Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a breakdown on what the dealer quoted me, in San Jose:
I think it’s a bit steep since I couldn’t hide that fact that I wanted one no matter what. :banghead:

15400 MSRP
345 Alarm
795 ABS
1495 F+P
55 DOL
1492.42 Tax
162 DMV
19744.42 total

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Seems like the only wiggle room you have is the F+P and a bit on the MSRP. Offer them $18.5 OTD on the spot or sit on your hands a bit and wait for the fall.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
$15,400 is exact MSRP on a Denim '08 with CA emissions certification. $1495 is robbery for F&P. Drop that back to $300 and tell them to take the prep out of the profit since you're paying MSRP. $18,500 OTD is fair, for CA on a new model year bike IMHO.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
this may be a stupid question but what is F + P???

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
this may be a stupid question but what is F + P???
Freight ($300) and Prep ($1195)

$1195 for a mouth breathing mechanic to uncrate the bike, check the oil and wash it. Hell, even if they did a proper PDI that's part of the cost of doing business, take it from the profit in the bike.

Better yet, keep the $1195 and load the unopened crate into the back of my truck so you don't have an opportunity to **** it up.....

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
mjw930 said:

$1195 for a mouth breathing mechanic to uncrate the bike, check the oil and wash it. Hell, even if they did a proper PDI that's part of the cost of doing business, take it from the profit in the bike.

Better yet, keep the $1195 and load the unopened crate into the back of my truck so you don't have an opportunity to **** it up.....

That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much!!:spank:

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
mjw930 said:

That prep is a LOT! :spank:

Hell, they don't even do much as you say.. The most I have seen on VRods around here for prep is $495 and I tell them to stick that unless they want to throw in the extended warranty for free with your first 1000 mile service.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I would probably drop the alarm

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I just don't like how the 07+ utilizes the arming of the alarm

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
I just don't like how the 07+ utilizes the arming of the alarm
What do you mean? I keep the key in my pocket.. I walk away, it is armed.. I come back and it is disarmed..

Very cool system.. Not sure what you mean on not liking the arming of the alarm..

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Now what happens if you are hanging around the bike...is the thing armin and disarm as you walk near it. What do you do if the bike is going to be parkes for a while...seems like more drain on the battery

·
Registered
512 Posts
The stealers will always hit you up for the maximum possible on the first day a new model is released..

Shop around elsewhere or Wait a while and let him call you and ask if you have made your decision. Then tell him you are still thinking about it...

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
Now what happens if you are hanging around the bike...is the thing armin and disarm as you walk near it. What do you do if the bike is going to be parkes for a while...seems like more drain on the battery
No.. It doesn't actually disarm until you either turn the switch on or move the bike and you are within proximity. As far as if you are not going to use it for a while and don't want it armed, there is a way to override it..

Again, it is a very nice seemless security system and I really like it.. If anyone so much as wiggles my bike or trys to mess with it, it will start making noise and it will disable the ignition so it won't start.

Can it be defeated, sure, just like anything. But it will at least make noise and be obnoxious if someone does try to mess with it.. :D

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
I'm with JDR_ROD on this - don't like the proximity arming. I can arm/disarm my 06 by clicking the fob - which means I can choose to have it NOT arm - like if the bike will be on a trailer or a ferry or in a locked garage somewhere.

·
knit whit
1,413 Posts
On the 07's you can disarm it by putting it in transport mode.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
JDR_ROD said:

I am sure that the battery would arm and disarm the system 1000 times before it goes dead...think a bit.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
Where are all these numbers coming from???

The website says Starting at 14,995. What do they mean by starting at? Is that not MSRP? Or does denim paint cost $405?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I wouldn't personally spring $800 for a new and untested ABS system that will almost undoubtedly have its querks and issues.

Just my opinion.

:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts