Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 19 Posts

· Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home from the local dealer. Got a quote for chrome solids wheels and 16 guage pipes. They want 5 hours labor! Service manager says at least 2 hours per wheel plus one hour for the pipes. I find that hard to believe. They charge $75hr labor. I get 10% off parts and labor. The total out the door is $2500.00 So in your honest opinion what do you think the actual labor time would be? The dealer was making it sound like he was doing me a favor.

I may just do the chrome exchange with Chopper Steve and save $500.00 on the wheels. If I get enough balls i may even attempt to install the 16 guage pipes myself. Thoughts suggestions? :slap: :confused:

· Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mjw930 said:
I don't know what the book says but I guess about 1 hour per wheel, including the dismount, mount and balance of the tires. The pipes are maybe another hour. I wouldn't think it should cost you more than $225 - $250 in labor for the work.

My total labor cost out the door is $365.00 :(

· Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WORM said:
Tbag when you are ready I will help you...
labor rate is $0/hour
WORM,

If you help me do the pipes that would be awesome! I`ll take you up on that deal! I`ll buy all the beer and food..... :hyper:

I think I`ll wait on the wheels for a bit until I sell my quad. It just seems like too much money in their pocket. I may go with a PM Gatlin in the front with a Solid Chrome rear wheel later or I may opt for some OZZY SKINS.... :thumb:

· Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Worm you are the man! Thank you! I`ll pick up the pipes this weekend. I have some construction going on here at the house so possibly next weekend, Saturday or Sunday if you are available? PM me....

· Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just looked at that labor rate chart and saw how much they were ripping me off. Frustrating......... :banghead: :chair: :eatme: :whack: :spank:

1 - 5 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.