Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
yellow turbo SE2
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer has a 07 X on closeout. I think it is # 681 out of 1400............They are asking 19,000.....Is that a good price? Was in having a dyno tune done the other day and saw this on the showroom.....I think it is a very sharp vrod.
This is the dealer where I bought my 03A new back in 03. They have been very good to work with on prices and service.
If anyone can give me some insight in pricing the X let me know.
thanks steve

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
List was $19,995, so that's not much of a deal. Offer them $17k - the bike is a year old, man! You can get an 08 for cheaper, and all the 08s are 1250s.

If they don't take it, come back during the winter and offer $16.5k

·
Strong Island
136 Posts
I got an '08 DX for 15.5. But that was through Military Sales here in Iraq...I would say I'm lucky...But again...I'M IN IRAQ....

·
Go fast, look good!
133 Posts
There's a reason they put those little numbers on the CX's (example 1054 of 1400). I rather have a limited edition and numbered CX, than a common run of the mill DX. Those little numbers make the CX worth more than any DX. Spend the $19K now, and when it comes time to resell/trade it... well, you'll be glad you bought one.

Besides, the CX is better lookin'. :)

·
Go fast, look good!
133 Posts
Picky... picky. You're right, but check the posts. A lot of us call them CX's (as well as X's...) and since I actually own one, I can call it whatever I want. The bottom line is it's one bad ass bike stock bike. :)

·
Warlock Guy
0 Posts
Keep looking...

I picked up #906 from C&S Harley in Nashville on the 12th of September. They charged me $16,999 for the bike, gave me 20% off on all my accessories, and didn't charge for installation on anything. I found them at Cycle Trader Online. My suggestion is to keep looking. Happy hunting.

·
Steve
1,402 Posts
robert.clark2 said:
I picked up #906 from C&S Harley in Nashville on the 12th of September. They charged me $16,999 for the bike, gave me 20% off on all my accessories, and didn't charge for installation on anything. I found them at Cycle Trader Online. My suggestion is to keep looking. Happy hunting.
Good deal on this bike. Ive bought 2 from Kurt at C&S in Nashville. Back in July i posted about this bike at 16999. I cant beleive it lasted this long! Congrats. I was considering it but because of issues then I didnt. Wished I had now.Maybe he can get another!

·
Warlock Guy
0 Posts
I actually bought the bike in early August, but I was in Iraq, so I had to wait until I went on vacation in September to pick it up. I HIGHLY recommend C&S for their great customer service, and I can't say enough about the price.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Don't get sucked into the "limited edition" thing. The X will only be worth marginally more than a stock AW over the course of the next decade. It will take 20+ years for any premium to kick in and that will only be for low mileage completely stock examples. $17,900 is a fair price for a 1 year old model IMHO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts