Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Michael J
740 Posts
Back in the day, a watch fob was the decorative knob used to grasp and pull out your pocket watch. For dressier occasions a watch chain was used. '02-'06 bike batteries would drain with the alarm set. With what I know about the '07s proximity technology if the fob battery goes dead your alarm will remain active. Is their a work around for this?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dead FOBS

Hi guys, so my 2008 FOBS finally went and now I need to replace the batteries. For 2008, is the battery number CR2032 then? Also, will the Harley dealer have these in stock; if so will the batteries be more costly than say purchasing some where else?

How much are the batteries and how do you get the FOB open properly?

Just exactly how much juice does keeping your alarm on really take from your battery? How do I turn my alarm system off?

Thank you for your time I do appreciate it.

Sincerely,

D

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
yes, the fob batteriers are CR2032, although CR2025 will work in a pinch. You can pick these up anywhere, including convenience stores and gas stations. As with almost everything in the world, it will be more expensive at HD dealer.

2)Durring the northeast winters, my bike battery would be too weak to start the bike after 3 weeks of sitting without being on the tender.

3) No, you can not shut off the alarm on the newer bikes

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
P.S.: I keep a spare battery in my riding jackets as well as storing the PIN in my phone & the wife's phone under a arbitrary name. If you have two FOBs, don't store the spare with the battery in it or it will be dead when you go to use it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts