Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was up at the Lakeland HD shop last week giving them some more of my money and ranting about how great the bike is. We just rode to the Dragon in North Carolina last week and the bike was fantastic.

Anyway, on the way home from the shop, it stalled at a red light (still in stock form, so it's never stalled before). It started right back up and I took off. A mile later, it started running very rough with no power. So I pulled over and it died again. Tried to start it and gas was running out of the pipes creating huge clouds of white smoke.

Dealership said the computer died and left the EFI wide open, so the gas was just pouring in. It was a first for them and I hope a last for me. Something to watch for for everyone else...unfortunately, because the ECM was dead, there were no engine warning lights or diagnostic codes.

Kevin

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Dude,
THAT SUCKS! What is Harley doing for you and how long will it take? That is a potentially dangerous situation!

Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They ordered a new ECM from the factory...it's one of those parts that no dealership can carry (so they say). I'm beginning not to have faith in anything the service dept. says. I'm sitting as patiently as possible until Friday.....they say I'll have it for Biketoberfest.

Kevin

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
There are going to be some other Forum members down there, Mark (MJW930) specifically. Ought to look them up while you are there!

Mike

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I have seen similar problems on some cars in the past. It is rare but does happen.

Max

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wow that seems like a poor design, shouldn't it fail safe to the closed position to keep from flooding the engine with gas?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Thats a New one on me Just Bad Dumb Luck!At least you weren't in front of a semi going down the freeway!Lets us know how it turns out!:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts