Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a month of working. Got on my bike rode it to brother in laws house. After an hour of visiting got a call had to go back to work. Well that's when I realized I left my key in the ignition with the high beam on. Well the battery was dead. No problem; get brother in laws battery charger. Well it's broke. In the mean time work is calling wanting to know where I'm at. Real bummer had to double up on the wifes bike and leave the Rod down the road. It wasn't a good day. This is the second time I leave the key in. You'd think I've learned my lesson by now.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I need a kick starter for backup I guess!:)

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
You can't leave a key in the bike if you eliminate the key. Go keyless, and you will never do that again. :2cents:

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
Dwight said:
Just got back from a month of working. Got on my bike rode it to brother in laws house. After an hour of visiting got a call had to go back to work. Well that's when I realized I left my key in the ignition with the high beam on. Well the battery was dead. No problem; get brother in laws battery charger. Well it's broke. In the mean time work is calling wanting to know where I'm at. Real bummer had to double up on the wifes bike and leave the Rod down the road. It wasn't a good day. This is the second time I leave the key in. You'd think I've learned my lesson by now.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I need a kick starter for backup I guess!:)
I did the same thing and did not realize it for 45 mins. It was almost dead but I kept trying it and it eventually started up.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
Or just relocate the key to the forward position and the new switch doesn't capture the key.
He can still forget to turn the switch. ;)

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
This is true, but just like putting your jiffy stand up everything becomes habit.
I've been known to leave mine down until the first left turn :laugh: :hidesbeh:

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
Probably a stupid question but is there anything bad that can happen from turning off your key and leaving the RUN button on? I do the opposite (kill the bike with the RUN button as taught in the MSC) and sometimes forget to turn the key off (which is definately bad). I could probably easily develope a habit of turning off the key first (at the risk of forgetting to turn off the RUN button).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts