Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a DDMTuning.com HID kit for my R, installed it today and I am very pleased. I thought I would suggest this to everyone considering the awesome price and the ease of install. I have a ddm kit on my f150 as well and so far I am 100% satisfied. Took me all of 15 minutes for complete install, and the kit cost me under $35...$50 shipped. I got the 55w 6000k kit. They offer 35w and 55's in all colors...the 55w kit is a few dollars more. I didnt have time to take pictures, but I will if anyone is interested. The kits also come with a lifetime warranty. If you go to ddmtuning.com, there is a separate link for motorcycle kits. I suggest everyone check it out. Because of the low price I was skeptical, however if you research the kits, they are highly rated.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Got it on the B - and absolutely love it. great headlight, quality components.

There are several threads about DDM's products on the forum.

·
Registered
90 Posts
HID upgrade....bulb type?

I am going to make this upgrade as you suggest. On the DDM website I see the 55w and 6000k options that you speak of but what is the bulb type? H4 hi/lo, H13 hi/lo, 9004 hi/lo or 9007 hi/lo?

thanks for your help. this will be a nice upgrade.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Which bike you have? A DX takes the H4 hi/lo kit. I just ordered it with 55w and 6K for my DX. If you have the others, they have a 2 bulb headlight.

·
Registered
728 Posts
It might be worth noting if you have a single bulb housing, the 55W is no problem. Myself, I have a dual lamp on a VRSCB, so I'm going with 35W just to be on the safe side for heat build up.

Whether or not I actually need to be concerned, I don't know. But I figure the 35W HIDs will be PLENTY bright.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Heavycycles.com sells one like mine now. 35w low and 55w high will be what you need for the two bulb system as they do get hot.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I recently purchased a DDMTuning.com HID kit for my R, installed it today and I am very pleased. I thought I would suggest this to everyone considering the awesome price and the ease of install. I have a ddm kit on my f150 as well and so far I am 100% satisfied. Took me all of 15 minutes for complete install, and the kit cost me under $35...$50 shipped. I got the 55w 6000k kit. They offer 35w and 55's in all colors...the 55w kit is a few dollars more. I didnt have time to take pictures, but I will if anyone is interested. The kits also come with a lifetime warranty. If you go to ddmtuning.com, there is a separate link for motorcycle kits. I suggest everyone check it out. Because of the low price I was skeptical, however if you research the kits, they are highly rated.
Thanks for the heads up. I am doing this tomorrow

·
Registered
11 Posts
ddm tuning hid kit 2014 vrod muscle

Wut up fellas I'm looking to install the ddm tuning hid kit on a 2014 vrod muscle. I'm just need to know what type of bulbs I need for hi/low beam the dealer told me h4 for both but I just wanted to ask around just to make sure thanks in advance ride safe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts