Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
so the conectting cable comes out the side. not the middle of the top like the tmax

and KEN this one for you,cos u have pdash.zippers wouldnt help bob with the info for language or code for the afr readings any chance of chris doing that .so we can see afr on p dash while riding .for a visual form of logging ,or just using it to keep piece of mind.
If you look at the pic right in front of my clutch lever you can see the plug with the grey wire coming out of it. This is the stock data link location on my 2003.

I think Bob was working on the VRFI AFR readings but you would have to ask him. The "behind the scenes" P-dash stuff got way over my head for me to be able to help. That and my time constraints.

·
Hi... I'm Big Will
1,087 Posts
Make no mistake with this system. It is NOT a sliver bullet. If you don't have a desire to get in to the system and learn both it and some basics on tuning you won't be happy. I'd hate for someone to spend the cash on this expecting all problems to disappear over night. This is a great system if you take the time to learn how it works and how to use it.

·
Hi... I'm Big Will
1,087 Posts
Just to add to my previous post.... I love this system and wouldn't run anything else on my bike. I still run the "D" model on mine but have installed and tuned a few of these newer "3" versions. No decel pop and the bike runs great all year round.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
I'm in if I can just get some help with the turbo setup. Ken mentioned a bar sensor and injectors that I know really nothing about...

·
brett
9,338 Posts
does the cradle that holds the unit, in have to doctored,the same as tmax or does it fit in the standard carrier without anything having to be cut.just need to know in case i need to get a new one that hasnt been cut

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,075 Posts
does the cradle that holds the unit, in have to doctored,the same as tmax or does it fit in the standard carrier without anything having to be cut.just need to know in case i need to get a new one that hasnt been cut
It's slightly larger than the Tmax's. I ended up cutting the carrier so I could velcro the unit to the inner fender, fits just fine...

With Big Will's and Scotts input, install was easy and works great. After a small learning curve it's simple and easy to use. I've had 0 issues and thats with Scott's 1302 bb. I had a pretty good map within 250 mi and got solid around 500 mi.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
I like these systems... I'm going to get the system for my dresser with the Pro-charger blower... I can tell you one thing that is nice about these systems, they are more user friendly to work with then say the ThunderMax system... I've run T-Max in all my bikes for the past three years now and have had good success but they aren't perfect and it seems James is not interested in helping like he was a couple years ago... The manual for these units are like 35 pages compared to the T-Max which is 150 pages... If this system works well with my dresser than I'll definetly be switching over from the T-Max on my V-Rod with a Trask Turbo...

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Make no mistake with this system. It is NOT a sliver bullet. If you don't have a desire to get in to the system and learn both it and some basics on tuning you won't be happy. I'd hate for someone to spend the cash on this expecting all problems to disappear over night. This is a great system if you take the time to learn how it works and how to use it.
I might have to pick your brains if you don't mind... I'm going to go to this system on my 07 FLHTCI with a Pro-charger blower... I've downloaded the manual and read most of it but I may need some tuning tips if that's ok with you... I've talked to Chris quite a bit about my motor and the blower setup that I'm running and I'm impressed with his knowledge and help, more than I can say about James with Zippers these days... If you think this system takes time to learn, download the T-Max manual :)... It's 150 pages :)... Thanks....

·
Hi... I'm Big Will
1,087 Posts
It's slightly larger than the Tmax's. I ended up cutting the carrier so I could velcro the unit to the inner fender, fits just fine...

With Big Will's and Scotts input, install was easy and works great. After a small learning curve it's simple and easy to use. I've had 0 issues and thats with Scott's 1302 bb. I had a pretty good map within 250 mi and got solid around 500 mi.
I remember having to do the same thing to Consig64 and Jeck's bikes re: the ecm carrier.

·
Hi... I'm Big Will
1,087 Posts
I might have to pick your brains if you don't mind... I'm going to go to this system on my 07 FLHTCI with a Pro-charger blower... I've downloaded the manual and read most of it but I may need some tuning tips if that's ok with you... I've talked to Chris quite a bit about my motor and the blower setup that I'm running and I'm impressed with his knowledge and help, more than I can say about James with Zippers these days... If you think this system takes time to learn, download the T-Max manual :)... It's 150 pages :)... Thanks....
I don't know anything about tuning forced induction motors but would be happy to answer any questions I can.... not sure if there is any difference in the system between the V-Rod model and the air cooled models or not.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
I don't know anything about tuning forced induction motors but would be happy to answer any questions I can.... not sure if there is any difference in the system between the V-Rod model and the air cooled models or not.
After talking with Chris, he'll load in a base map based on my motor ci, cams, injectors and the blower set at 10 lbs boost... The questions I may have will be tweeking the settings after I've road it for a few miles... The manual seems straight forward but until I've actually worked with the program, I may have some questions... I'm looking at 185/175 hp/tq with this setup... Thanks.

·
Hi... I'm Big Will
1,087 Posts
After talking with Chris, he'll load in a base map based on my motor ci, cams, injectors and the blower set at 10 lbs boost... The questions I may have will be tweeking the settings after I've road it for a few miles... The manual seems straight forward but until I've actually worked with the program, I may have some questions... I'm looking at 185/175 hp/tq with this setup... Thanks.
Nice! Well feel free to PM me.... I'm here once a day or so.

·
Hi... I'm Big Will
1,087 Posts
does this run well with windows 7 and a laptop .im thinking of junking the garage pc .
Yep, sure does. That's what mine is currently running on.

21 - 40 of 128 Posts