Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VRFID Gen 3 Fuel Injection Controller for 2002-2010 V-Rod with Delphi System

· Simultaneously auto-tune fuel curves for front and rear cylinders under actual riding conditions with new WEGO IIID dual channel wide-band oxygen sensor interface

· Fully programmable plug-in replacement for 36 pin Delphi® controller

· Robust alpha-N (throttle position and RPM based) fuel control eliminates problems with long duration/high overlap camshafts

· Powerful Windows software for custom programming and data analysis

· Full support for J1850 data bus used for communications with turn signal/security module (TSM/TSSM) and instrument cluster

· Enhanced data logging and diagnostics

· Billet aluminum housing with black anodized finish

· Easy plug-in installation

· All outputs protected against short circuits

· Supports all sensors including theft/security module

The VRFI is the V-RodTM version of our proven TCFI fuel injection system for Twin Cam applications.

The VRFI kit includes the new WEGO IIID dual channel wide-band exhaust gas oxygen interface that allows auto-tuning during actual riding conditions. The kit includes Bosch LSU 4.2 wide-band sensors for both front and rear cylinders. The user programs a table with the desired air/fuel ratios - the system then does the rest. No Dyno tuning required!

The VRFI solves tuning problems with highly modified engines. Competitive “band-aid” products that interface to the Delphi® controller still rely on speed-density fuel control. Long duration/high overlap camshafts wreak havoc with manifold pressure - especially at idle and cruise RPM. Speed-density based fuel control simply can’t cope.

High-end automotive racing systems use alpha-N (throttle position and RPM based) fuel control. Alpha-N eliminates any dependence on manifold pressure and is unaffected by long duration/high overlap camshafts. The VRFI brings this proven technology to the H-D® marketplace.

Unlike competitive "band-aid" products that only control fuel delivery, the VRFI allows complete control over all engine functions, including ignition advance, idle RPM and cold start characteristics. This facilitates the use of throttle bodies modified for higher airflow.

All V-RodTM motorcycles use the SAE J1850 data bus for communications between the engine control module (VRFI), instrument cluster, turn signal/security module (TSM/TSSM), and diagnostic scan tools. The VRFI fully supports this new J1850 data bus including the use of the H-D® scan tool to read sensor data and clear diagnostic codes. The VRFI also has built-in data logging that stores data for the last 60 minutes of operation at 10 samples/second. A USB interface and Windows compatible software allow the use of a laptop PC for programming and data analysis. The USB interface plugs into the existing H-D® diagnostic connector on the motorcycle wiring harness.

This unit retails for $875.00 Fitzgerald Motorsports has special Group Buy approval price per every (5) units sold at $775.00 ea. + shipping and handling.
These units are availble and ready to ship direct from the factory!

1) chiefsnell
2) blumj88
3) bwds
4) v-rod255
5)

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Scott, I would also like to add the following:

Special Speed-Density Versions for Turbo/Supercharged Applications

Daytona Twin Tec can supply special VRFI Gen 3 units with speed-density firmware that supports turbo/supercharged applications with up to 3 bar (300 kPa) manifold pressure. The only required electrical modification to the motorcycle is that a Delphi 3-bar (40-304 kPa) MAP sensor must be installed in place of the OE MAP sensor. Higher flow rate fuel injectors and/or additional fuel injectors are also required for most applications. The VRFI system can drive up to four injectors (two per cylinder). The system also supports fuels such as E85.

They also available for 2011 bikes now.

IMO this IS the only ECM auto-tune system to use. There are a number of use BB/stroker guys running this system with radical cams and free-flow exhaust without issue.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ken I just learned about this last week but forgot to mention it.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
just out of curiosity ,how much development has gone into the vrod maps a ,im going to be honest ,my tmax works fine ,but am worried bout the stage 2 cams and destroyer crank mucking with it , ,that and the freaking lack of different maps for different combos , and no support and answers on the forum from them ,

scott or ken or big will if ur reading this my build need a tuner that has a feature to advance timing or does the timing always remain the same reguadless of cranks and cams and other jibberyish stuff ,lol,cos with tmax, i will have a choice of 1 map and im not sure 1 map covers every type of combo

·
It is what it is
2,632 Posts
Ok with limited knowledge I would love to hear more info about this product which may effect my upcoming upgrades; not a fan of repeating the expensive dyno tuning current quoted $350. Willing to make the investment if this product required maps are provided. Help me be smart my previous sellers Scott and Ken.

·
Back in Black
2,585 Posts
Hey guys to help Scott out here. I was in the first group buy. I have stage II cams destroyer crank and a rinehart 2 to 1. I know $775 sounds like a lot but buy a tuner then have it tuned. You spent that much at least. Then change something and have it re tuned, more $. I changed my baffle in my exhaust no problem. I have been over 6000 feet in elevation and over 4000 feet change in one day. No problems. Well worth it.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Ok with limited knowledge I would love to hear more info about this product which may effect my upcoming upgrades; not a fan of repeating the expensive dyno tuning current quoted $350. Willing to make the investment if this product required maps are provided. Help me be smart my previous sellers Scott and Ken.
Chief,

There really are no "maps" necessary to start with. That is the nice thing about the VRFI. There is a 1130 and a 1250 "map" that you will choose to start. If you have another size engine or other mods you simply make some small number changes like "Estimated HP" or "Injector Size". The software makes the majority of other changes.

Heck, with my 1402, I took the 1130 "map" and made some number changes and went from there.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Name added, thanks lets get 4 more and this possible.

·
Hi... I'm Big Will
1,087 Posts
I have a Mac, will i have any problems with the software?
Only runs on windows to the best of my knowledge. Did you check the website?

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
how does this compensate for different engine builds, other than injector size and estimate hp?
is their a menu for different cams?

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
Not yet, i will look. if not i have Chris's number so i will ask him. If not i going to have to get my PC fixed. :banghead:

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts
That is correct Will, still pc only. I also have a mac but used Bootcamp to install both Windows and Mac OSX. I basically just use Windows for my VRFID tuning software and Mac OSX for everything else. It works great.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
will this stop the ass sucking and fluffing sound on deceland eliminate popping in my bub 2,,1. Cos tmax is doing a crap job in that department

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts
will this stop the ass sucking and fluffing sound on deceland eliminate popping in my bub 2,,1. Cos tmax is doing a crap job in that department
I asked Will the same thing before I bought mine and he assured me it would. I was skeptical but after giving it a little time to auto tune I can say that for the first time with any tuner I have absolutely 0 decel pop.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
do u have to connect to it by cable to get info or is it blue tooth.if cable can it be left in permanent and have the cable hanging out so u dont have to undo the seat every time

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
do u have to connect to it by cable to get info or is it blue tooth.if cable can it be left in permanent and have the cable hanging out so u dont have to undo the seat every time
You need to hook up with a cable for uploading and downloading information. On my 03 I simply leave my data port hanging out the side cover to make it a snap to connect.

The only time my exhaust pops now is if I actually try to make it by manipulating the throttle at certain decel rpm's. The VRFI3 is quite an upgrade over the old VRFID which I also ran.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
so the conectting cable comes out the side. not the middle of the top like the tmax

and KEN this one for you,cos u have pdash.zippers wouldnt help bob with the info for language or code for the afr readings any chance of chris doing that .so we can see afr on p dash while riding .for a visual form of logging ,or just using it to keep piece of mind.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts