Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Anyone know where to hook this red wire for angel light circle into? Low and high beam are working, Just don't know where to place this single red wire fro angel eye.

D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Buy a 3m t-tap and you can tap it into the positive wire of the low beam plug or any positive source that comes on with the ignition. Preferably something related to accessories and not something like ignition, fuel, or ecm.
You could also wire it up to a small switch sourced from the battery positive if you wanted to turn it on manually when ever you wanted, even when the bike is off, though this opens you up to a dead battery if forgotten about.

If you wanna keep it simple, just t-tap it into the positive side of the low beam, and put the tap on the headlight side of the harness so when you unplug the bike from the light, the tap stays with the light.

·
Registered
60 Posts
As I recall, isn’t there an extra circuit used for the “position light”? One that’s not used in the USA. That would already be at the headlamp harness and hot with the switch on.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Thanks everyone. Will wire it into low beam.

N
Personally I wouldn't do that. I would connect it to the Orange /White wire which is as Knut says on pin 1 of the headlamp connector. That is exactly what this wire is for on non US models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts