Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a meet and greet with the Davidson family. They are on their way to Sturgis. Had the CEO and some others along too. Tried to put a good word about the V-rod as no one was riding one in their group. Bill Davidson says he owns one and loves it.

Attachments

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
nice...
If I'm not mistaken, Bill Davidson owns one of every model line of HD.. including their failed merger acquisitions.. (Aermacchi ,MV Agusta, Buell, Holiday Rambler....)

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Sounds like "PR speak" to me...lol.

Kind of like McDonalds promoting healthy eating by offering salads. ;-)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It very well may have been "PR speak," but I liked Bill. He at least talked to me about the bike. Now, as for Keith Wandell, Harley's CEO. When i asked him how come no one was riding a V-rod, he said "I don't know, Isn't Karen (Karen Davidson) on one?" I pointed out that she was riding a Road King. He then again stated he didn't know laughed and said, "maybe we are all too old" and walked away from me. I stood there wondering as I am close to 60 myself. There was one other company exec, but I didn't get his name. Nice guy to talk to but he admitted he had never been on a V-rod.

·
boredom kills
2,323 Posts
It very well may have been "PR speak," but I liked Bill. He at least talked to me about the bike. Now, as for Keith Wandell, Harley's CEO. When i asked him how come no one was riding a V-rod, he said "I don't know, Isn't Karen (Karen Davidson) on one?" I pointed out that she was riding a Road King. He then again stated he didn't know laughed and said, "maybe we are all too old" and walked away from me. I stood there wondering as I am close to 60 myself. There was one other company exec, but I didn't get his name. Nice guy to talk to but he admitted he had never been on a V-rod.
This guy is not equiped to be CEO of this company. He just does not get it nor does he know the product. What a douchebag. Really the board of directors needs to be fired for hiring him.

New Harley CEO Wandell will receive base salary of $975,000

April 9, 2009

Keith Wandell, Harley-Davidson Inc.'s (HOG) new chief executive officer, will receive a base salary of $975,000 plus other compensation, the company said Thursday in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing.

Wandell, who replaces Harley CEO James Ziemer May 1, will participate in the company's short-term incentive plans with a total opportunity of 120% of his base salary and a maximum payout of 240% of his base salary with a cap of $3 million, with his 2009 payout pro-rated based on salary earned for the year.​

You would think that for this kind of money, he would spend some time trying to learn the product. Really how the **** can you be CEO of HD and mistake a Road KIng for a V-Rod? It is ludicrious and ridiculous at the same time! :banghead::banghead: :rofl::rofl:

This guy is just another corporate talking head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts