Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Feels like flying
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally happened. Yesterday afternoon, my 13 year old daughter and I decided to take a little ride out in the country on my SE2. We had just filled up the fuel tank and were heading out of town when we were hit by a full size van that came through a stop sign and hit us on the left side. My daughter was thrown about 20 feet from the point of impact, and I went about 50 feet. The power of the impact is something I will never forget. Luckily, we both had full face helmets on. I ended up just really sore with one hell of a headache and sore neck. My daughter didn't fair as well. She suffered significant crush injuries to her left foot and had 6" lacerations to her left knee and ankle. She spent 4 hours in surgury and is currently in ICU to keep an eye on the swelling in her foot. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Ken

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Man there is way to much of this going on here lately. Keep us posted on her status and may she have a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Ken, That is horrible. I can only imagine the pain you feel as a father - thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for both of you...

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Damn.... keep us posted on her. We all know it could have been worse. But this is still terrible. Best wishes, and get well soon.

·
Registered
911 Posts
My Gawd Ken, that is everyone's worst nightmare. You and daughter have more prayers for you than you know. There are riders that have been down, and riders that will, hopefully you're paid up for a while. Please keep us posted on you and your daughter's recovery

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Ken,

Our prayers are with you and your daughter. Let us know how she's doing.

HoldHard

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ken...
I am very sorry to hear this. I hope for a speedy and full recovery for the both of you.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this, you both will be in our prayers for full recovery.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
Ditto to everything above. You and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Same goes with me as well. This is just awful but very glad that like you will be okay. Best wishes for a super fast recovery.

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
Same here, wish you and your daughter the best and a speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Deepest prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery and some serious punishment for the van driver!

·
THE DORK-ROD
344 Posts
Hope you both get well soon..

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Sorry to hear this.. Hope she heals quickly.. Prayers are with you and the family...

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
Thats aweful, I hope she recovers quickly..

1 - 20 of 113 Posts