Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I loaded the slip on map.When it first fire up.it wants to die.The engine was warm before I loaded the map.I richened it up at idle and leaned it out at idle,it still wnats to die.If I crack the throttle a few times, it will then stay idling.It's like, it gives to much gas at startup or too little.Both the 16 gage and slip-on do it.
I decided to go for a Datalogging ride.I used the slip-on map.I lost alot of power from 2g-4g.It doesn't pull Like the the map I had for the ST's.
I didn't get any knock retard in the front or the rear.I even had knock sensor enabled.
I didn't get a chance to try the 16gage map.It started to rain.This map seems to look a little leaner.Hopefully it will pick up some knock.

·
Registered
696 Posts
How were you data logging? using a Latop in a backpack, or similar??

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2ToneAnniversary said:
How were you data logging? using a Latop in a backpack, or similar??
Laptop in backpack country roads.:thumb: I look like a loser :rofl: ,but my rod will run strong,when done. :cheers:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not gonna try the 16gage map.I've been adding fuel to the midrange and it likes it.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Vinny,

I assume you removed the PCIII ;)

I never had a problem with stalling with any map I've loaded. Set up the datalog with the bike turned on but not running then start the motor, maybe you can catch what's causing the problem. Send me that datalog if you want and I'll take a look at it.

Mark
[email protected]

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha wish I could show you the datalog,I can't get it to my PC.
I have datalogged the start.it goes up to 1600 at start then goes down to 1000 then slowly back up to a rough 1200 +/-50 rpms.I did what the manual said I inremented the "warmup enrichment"At the temps I got from the datalog.
I'll let it sit overnight and datalog the start in the morning.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, YEP PCIIIr is GONE

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
vrodvinny said:
Sorry, YEP PCIIIr is GONE
Ok Vinny!
TT now RT whats next a TURBO? :hiding: ;)

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Super Kaz said:
Ok Vinny!
TT now RT whats next a TURBO? :hiding: ;)
New house,fence(for the dog she loves squirels,rabbits,racoons,deer,coyote,wolverines,etc(don't need her running all over the neighborhood after them.),carpet,wheels,maybe hopefully turbo.
This new house is already draining the pocketbook.
this is her on guard duty:

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
vrodvinny said:
New house,fence(for the dog she loves squirels,rabbits,racoons,deer,coyote,wolverines,etc(don't need her running all over the neighborhood after them.),carpet,wheels,maybe hopefully turbo.
This new house is already draining the pocketbook.
this is her on guard duty:
Vinney,
I like those Mirrors what kind are they? :rolleyes: :bash: :stilpoke: :spank: :yak: ;) :kaz:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Super Kaz said:
Vinney,
I like those Mirrors what kind are they? :rolleyes: :bash: :stilpoke: :spank: :yak: ;) :kaz:
They are gone :slap:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man,have I added a buttload of gas into this map.I've had to add fuel at startup,warmup,etc.Fires right up,soon as I hit the button.From running the ST pcIIIr map I new where the power kicked in,and I have added to those ranges.I am doing this all threw the seat of my pants.
This bike has got more power than with the PC map.This thing flies.I got it pulling strong at 3k on up.2 Days of trial and error are paying off.I'm not datalogging my runs anymore, but I'm logging the temp to see when the temp. is good.Then I go for a quick little ride,test what I've done.Then go back make changes to the map.This is fun and easier and quicker than tuning my Demon carbs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts