Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-
Does anyone know or is using a system like this on their R? The listing doesn’t list it, but what would it take to make it work?
currently I have the factory setup with Tab slip ons, but the wife needs more room, so I need to lower the pegs, therefore need a different exhaust setup. Any ideas?

·
Asatruar
2,965 Posts
The most that you'd likely need to do is fab up a mount for the rear of the pipe to the frame.

·
Asatruar
2,965 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have one on a 2006 Night Rod with mid mounts. So it should be fine on the R with mids. Like mentioned, just need to fab up a mounting bracket. Very easy, just a small piece of metal.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Ceigenberger hey I installed a much longer Bub7 2-1 on my R and used an early V Rod pipe bracket with the sliding metal piece that rides in two rubber mount grommets worked perfect but had to custom drill the bracket to fit the lowered the R frame - time consuming but very sturdy. If you use that short Danmoto pipe you can probably adapt the bracket they give you or make your own, since not as much pipe weight hanging on it. I also wanted more room for Wifey's legs - I bought a set of early V Rod swingarm mounted peg brackets and they fit perfect - the swingarm is already drilled and tapped for them just remove the small plastic caps stuck in the threads - I've got probably 20 man hours on the bike jack, shocks off in grinding them so when the suspension bottoms the peg brackets don't hit the fuel tank. Big P.I.A. If you can buy Ghostrider or other available longer mounts that bolt to the frame ( where the stock pegs/pipe brackets attached ) you can save a dump truck load of hassle - (y):D

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Swingarm mounted brackets?
didn’t know they mounted them to the arm.... I was going to fabricate an extension to the factory mount or bring something up from where the stock muffler support is.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
They work great, but they do rise & fall with the swingarm, feels different than peg mounts attached to the frame. Also can be used as a third set of pegs for the rider to stretch legs out once underway on the open road but the pegs tend to fold up so you have to shim them tight in the mount. Just remember you can't just bolt brackets on & ride on an R with the 5 gallon tank - they were designed for the early V Rod smaller fuel tank bikes, and there is nowhere near the clearance needed to the fuel tank - I had two rounds of grinding mine before they didn't hit the tank - only way to do it is to jack the bike up, remove one bolt on each shock, swing back, put a floor jack under the rear tire, jack it up till they hit the tank, mark it, remove, grind it repeat 27 times until they don't hit at the fully bottomed shock measurement, paint & final install bolts with locktite. Not fun but looks slick when finished. (y) ;) When I have more time I'll post a photo I gotta figure that out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts