Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if anyone can help with the rear muffler hanger bracket system on a danmoto highwayman. Got the exhaust basically installed but it seems to not have any install instructions for the exhaust hanger offset bracket. If anyone has installed one and can lend a hand that would be great. Pics would help too. Problem I'm having is that the muffler section seems to be too far away for the bracket to reach. Going to loosen it up and see about moving it around and hopefully that will give me some more room. Of course its the weekend and I cannot call danmoto for any customer service. Hopefully I got the correct exhaust and not a mismatch set of headpipes.

Scott

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sent them a couple e-mail with pics but of course no phone number to speak of from their site or customer service. Since it's the weekend I probably won't hear anything back till Monday and I was hoping that someone that already mounted the exhaust may be able to take a digital pic or two but the real issue is the brackets they did send do not match up to my bolt pattern on the lower frame and the exhaust does not seem to get any closer. I know a few people on the forum have them and I got a deal on it since a local dealer ordered the wrong model. I've posted this on the exhaust forum earlier today and figured posting it on the general forum would help. Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the exhaust mounted finally with a helpful pic from Stangman35. Took it out for a spin and sounds great. Still may put a wrap from Moose on it to lower the tone a bit but so far happy with it. Of course no instructions wasn't much help but could've been worse. Still no word from Danmoto so I'll send em a note that I got it to work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got the exhaust mounted finally with a helpful pic from Stangman35. Took it out for a spin and sounds great. Still may put a wrap from Moose on it to lower the tone a bit but so far happy with it. Of course no instructions wasn't much help but could've been worse. Still no word from Danmoto so I'll send em a note that I got it to work.
CAN YOU SEND ME A PIC OF THE BRACKET ? I HAVE THE SAME FITMENT ISSUES. AND THE HEADERS ARE TOUCHING THE FRAME AND THE SIDE CASE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts