Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
V-Rod Addict
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed Daniii's just posted a few new pics in the gallery. I'd have to say that if there is such a thing as a mean, touring V-Rod, he's got it! He don't need no stinkin' fairing :)

Couple questions for ya Daniii:
1. What did you use to mount your iPod?
2. Have you mounted earpieces in your helmet? Doesn't the wire get in the way of riding or do you have cordless earpieces (if there is such a thing)?

I've been thinking of an iPod for a while but wasn't able to pull out the wallet. Seeing it on your bike gave me the fever.

BTW, flames look good!

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Thanks - I think Chrome flames on the anodized look good. Kind of a reverse ghost flame.
I had an old metal bracket that I had hanging around. I covered it with some of the "practice" chrome film left over, and mounted it to the windshield bolt. (I've seen better installations, but hey its shiny, anyway.) I used some of that great 3M exterior double stick tape to mount a locking swivel holder to it (the Ipod has a glove with a button on the back).
I found some headphones that fit inside the flip-up full face helmet (HJC). Some surgery was required to the 'phones. The RadioShack headphone booster gives just enough boost to be heard over the 16ga. exhaust, and is located behind the ignition key. There is a louder set of headphones that I have ordered, but aren't in yet, I could stand a little more volume but the speakers start to distort.
I run the headphone cord inside my vest, out the front bottom, and under my leg to the socket on the radio shack thingy. Its on/off switch is right next to the key, so I turn both on and off together (except when I forget to turn off the bike and kill the battery - DOH!), although the (AA) batteries don't seem to run down when nothing is plugged in. Its almost invisible ( which is good, since its illegal, I'm sure).

If you buy the Ipod, the small one is probably good. I bought the BIG one, and after loading every CD I could find ( that I could stand to listen to) its 15% full.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts