Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the lack of exhaust options "specific" to the F...I was wondering is there any real difference between the D & F (except for cosmetics) ??? The motor set up & frame is identical right? Or am I missing something?

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
Nope not identical. Front cylinder pipe exits to the left rather than the right, an F owner might know whether you can spin that around or not - but the other issue is that the rear pipe would cover up your dipstick making it almost impossible to check/fill oil.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VrodPete, thanks for the feedback...I think the front cylinder pipe would be ok and I am basing that on the V&H 2 into 1 for the Muscle...but GREAT catch on the oil dipstick as I had my eye on the D&D fatcat & based on the pics will clearly block the dipstick.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Actually, you can install a D exhaust on an F without any modifications. With the exception of installing all the brackets and pipes related to the D model. You can still check/fill your oil on the F model without any modifications. The only problem you would have is if you went with an F model exhaust on a D model. Then you would have to buy an F model clutch cover with the dipstick.

But since youre thinking of V&H exhaust...... Yeah you might have a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts